If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Dual Monitor - New UI does not go away if the mouse goes off screen while video playing.

Potato BobPotato Bob Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 22 in Plex Media Player

I have two monitors and I use PMP on my desktop quite a bit and I definitely hate the new UI for quite a few reasons but the biggest one is the fact that the UI does not go away when I move my mouse off screen to the second monitor because PMP still captures it or something idk.

UI just won't go away if the video is playing and I move the mouse to another monitor.

Comments

• selkie707selkie707 Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this same problem. Also i used to be able to hover my mouse over the video and use the scroll wheel to change the volume. Now this only works if i position the mouse cursor directly over the volume bar.

• vlangvlang Posts: 1,609Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

What do you mean by "the UI does not go away"? I'm fairly certain we didn't add any kind of mouse capturing behavior either.

• selkie707selkie707 Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@vlang said:
    What do you mean by "the UI does not go away"? I'm fairly certain we didn't add any kind of mouse capturing behavior either.

I place the plex media player window in my second monitor to the left. Start watching something, place it in fullscreen. I move my mouse cursor back into my main window to do something. The video controls never hide themselves. If i leave my mouse stationary in my second monitor they will hide themselves. The volume control by hovering over the video being played and using the scroll wheel would be great to have back again as well.

• Potato BobPotato Bob Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah it's just as selkie707 said, though I've now found out if you move your mouse fast enough to the other monitor it works fine and the controls hide themselves again but it wasn't like this before.

And by mouse capture I didn't mean a literal capture, my mouse works fine, I just meant that the program doesn't seem to always detect that my mouse is on another screen and not just the edge of the screen that the program is on.