If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Reasion why your not getting support

nicksphonenicksphone Posts: 120Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

People flood this forum with the same issues over and over again. If people would just do a quick search before posting. I'm sure things would be addressed quicker. Just sitting here for a few hours I have seen the discussions section flooded with issues that have already been answered before or that have many active threads. can something be pinned at the top saying read before posting. giving people tips on searching for the issues . I think part of the problem also is the discussions tab its self as people just click it rather than the categories maybe rename categories to forum or support.

Just my 2 cents. please chime in love to hear others ideas on this and if there is already a thread on this then this proves my point as I did not search either

Answers

• rsavarsava Posts: 2,759Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You mean like this pinned post: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/172760/forums-getting-the-most-out-of-the-plex-forums#latest

That has this line in it:

Use the search before you ask a question, you might be surprised to find the answer.

R Sava

• flamebirdflamebird Posts: 112Members ✭✭✭

I know I'd be surprised to find an answer using search on this forum. . . :*

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,336Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nicksphone0161 said:
    People flood this forum with the same issues over and over again. If people would just do a quick search before posting. I'm sure things would be addressed quicker. Just sitting here for a few hours I have seen the discussions section flooded with issues that have already been answered before or that have many active threads. can something be pinned at the top saying read before posting. giving people tips on searching for the issues . I think part of the problem also is the discussions tab its self as people just click it rather than the categories maybe rename categories to forum or support.

Just my 2 cents. please chime in love to hear others ideas on this and if there is already a thread on this then this proves my point as I did not search either

I agree - so so many repeat questions.
    "I am new to plex what shall I use as my server" what? 3x a week?

Make SEARCH BIG and the most obvious icon/button

I will say the discussion v questions was confusing for me for a long time.
    I didn't want to ask a question but that is the only option you get unless you dig deeper!
    How many times do you see a first timer duplicate their post? daily!
    So something is not simple enough for newbies!

@flamebird said:
    I know I'd be surprised to find an answer using search on this forum. . . :*

And your name says it all :p

Plex related : NAS Synology 1817+ & 1815+, 3x NUC (Skull i7, i5 & i3), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shields - 2017 and 2015 Pros
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 (pro and 16gb) and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick and 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !

• HappyPig0HappyPig0 Posts: 316Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I find Google search is far more reliable at finding the Plex 'solved' post rather than the search function within Plex these support pages.

At home, I'm running a 48TB QNAP 871T 16Gb RAM serving 2 x LG 48" TVs, 4 x Samsung 42" TVs, all via Apple TV4 & Plex. Each can transcode HD MKV without any bumps all at the same time.
    4 iPads, 3 iPhones, 2 x Mac Mini & 1 iMac. So wish I had bought Apple shares years back

• nicksphonenicksphone Posts: 120Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@rsava said:
    You mean like this pinned post: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/172760/forums-getting-the-most-out-of-the-plex-forums#latest

Use the search before you ask a question, you might be surprised to find the answer.

yes but its not smacking you in the face its small print and a hyperlink

• rsavarsava Posts: 2,759Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nicksphone0161 said:

@rsava said:

yes but its not smacking you in the face its small print and a hyperlink

R Sava

• domperignon3domperignon3 Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@HappyPig0 said:
    I find Google search is far more reliable at finding the Plex 'solved' post rather than the search function within Plex these support pages.

You're totally right: Plex discussions search sucks!
    It's part of my day job to dig information out of the web's nooks and crannies, so I'm pretty good at it. But Plex's Forum search is terrible. For example I searched hard for the "DVR Recordings Not Finishing" issue but only found 1 thread. I eventually found out about the 4 others from a post which cross-referenced other threads. So now I have to read all 4 of them.

Newbie running PMS on 2008 iMac + HDHomeRun CONNECT + DIY coat hanger Hoverman antenna