If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New dashboard.... new plex?

wrighty11wrighty11 Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So... i know this is pretty much flogging a dead horse but. As a new dashboard has dropped can we have an update now!!

Or some news !

Comments

• Fressa0815Fressa0815 Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Devs don't comment on Updates or timetables or on everything else from the Community.
    On a sunny day in the year 20xx we'll wake up, turn on our Xbox and see that there is an Update with the new UI but with the same bugs

• wrighty11wrighty11 Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I know. I was just being stupidly optamistic

• ShaGeShaGe Posts: 85Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Fressa0815 said:
    The Devs don't comment on Updates or timetables or on everything else from the Community.
    On a sunny day in the year 20xx we'll wake up, turn on our Xbox and see that there is an Update with the new UI but with the same bugs

People say this a lot, but take a look at the AppleTV forum. There are a ton of recent comments from @elan about bug fixes that are coming to the AppleTV app and an approach to making things you don't use not visible. So, I don't think it is too much for a developer to say "hey we're working on it. We ran into some problems and we hope to get the Xbox app to feature parity" or "we aren't prioritizing the Xbox app anymore". This is what they are doing now in the AppleTV forum, and what they've done in the past for iOS and I think it makes people a lot less frustrated. Just some reassurance would be nice, especially given that a picture of an Xbox appears at the end of all of the update emails.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,505Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited October 17

Hey there! Our stance has always been the same. The Xbox One app has not been abandoned and we've mentioned several times that we're still working on it. Though (totally understandably) the more time passes the less users believe it, and the more frustrated they become on that front. We do apologize for that! But we have been busting our butts behind the scenes, which is perhaps why we've been less vocal on the forums than we've liked.

• Fressa0815Fressa0815 Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Moussa said:
    Hey there! Our stance has always been the same. The Xbox One app has not been abandoned and we've mentioned several times that we're still working on it. Though (totally understandably) the more time passes the less users believe it, and the more frustrated they become on that front. We do apologize for that! But we have been busting our butts behind the scenes, which is perhaps why we've been less vocal on the forums than we've liked.

Nice that you replied! Can you give us any hints on ETAs, planned features or the reasons why this Update takes sooooooooo Long?

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,505Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I can only tell you soon, sorry I can't give you a more specific answer right now. The update has taken frustratingly long, I know. There are reasons for the delay, some of which will be clear in the near future. I can give more details then.

• misfit_noelmisfit_noel Posts: 5Members ✭✭

@Moussa said:
    I can only tell you soon, sorry I can't give you a more specific answer right now. The update has taken frustratingly long, I know. There are reasons for the delay, some of which will be clear in the near future. I can give more details then.

Well thank you for letting us know, it's still being worked on at least, just wish we knew if it was coming this year or next year though, but keep up the hard work behind the scenes.

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,428Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@misfit_noel said:
    Well thank you for letting us know, it's still being worked on at least, just wish we knew if it was coming this year or next year though, but keep up the hard work behind the scenes.

This year! Stay tuned :smiley:

Search our Knowledge Base for more help

• SoundtweakerSoundtweaker Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hopefully, it comes out around the time the new Xbox One X is released.

• jalm111jalm111 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Add Live TV please please :)

@kinoCharlino said:

@misfit_noel said:

This year! Stay tuned :smiley:

Now im excited :D, make my year @kinoCharlino

• kinoCharlinokinoCharlino Posts: 1,428Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I think @Moussa just did!

Search our Knowledge Base for more help

• Wenjun YUWenjun YU Posts: 22Members ✭✭

@Moussa said:

Thanks for all the hard working behind the scene. It is truly an awesome server and app.

• SteveMcNallySteveMcNally Posts: 328Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Super excited to try this tonight - had to ditch the Xbox app a long time ago, hoping this can win me back from OpenPHT! Thanks Moussa.