Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

On which Synology DiskStation would you like to run PMS?

thorstenthorsten Posts: 14Members
edited August 2011 in Synology
non-Intel, PMS without transcoding
This is to identify the interest in PMS for weaker DiskStations (ARM or PPC based), that cannot provide transcoding. I hope I am not doubling this question.

Please check your system configuration here, before replying:
http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/What_kind_of_CPU_does_my_NAS_have

Comments

• thorstenthorsten Posts: 14Members
    DS211j Marvell Kirkwood mv6281 1.2Ghz ARM Processor 16-bit@DDR2, 128MB of RAM
  • mlangenmlangen Posts: 16Members
    CS407e: Freescale mpc8241 PPC processor, SATA, 64-bit Memory Bus, 64MB of RAM
  • VerulamVerulam Posts: 1Members
    I have the same Synology ds211j NAS as thorsten. I also have an LG SMART TV. It seems to demand networked files from PLEX media server but it can also take files from a simple plugged in hard disk. Obviously, the TV can interpret the files and PLEX does not need to. So, what I would like is a version of Plex on the NAS that is able to just stream the media files down my network to the TV and then leave the TV to do the decoding.
  • ybartybart Posts: 2Members
    ds211j for me too !
  • pup975pup975 Posts: 1Members
    I would like to see my DS111 be supported: DS111 Marvell Kirkwood mv6282 1.6Ghz ARM Processor (Marvell ARMADA 300)
  • fhbfhb Posts: 362Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    ds211j
  • VerdiVerdi Posts: 3Members
    DS211+

but if it cannot trandcode, i see no use for it.
  • lprlpr Posts: 108Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    DS410
  • techybeartechybear Posts: 8Members
    Id love DS411J to be supported :)
  • ToonGeneralToonGeneral Posts: 5Members
    Got a DS408 that does everything I need it to, so not likely to upgrade soon. Don't need transcoding or any other donkey work, just house the library and share it to Plex clients.
  • *******Chris**************Chris******* Posts: 6Members ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    1. choice: DS408
    2. choice: DS411j

The DS408 is more powerful, 'cause it has more memory (512 vs. 128).
  • kim.tkim.t Posts: 68Members
    DS409+ Freescale MPC8533 PPC Processor SATA, 64-bit Memory Bus, 512MB of RAM
  • Winfried74Winfried74 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 2011
    DS410 Freescale mpc8533E PPC Processor

I'd like to see this happen :)

Transcoding not needed for me, my mini connected to the tv would take care of that
  • djpouletdjpoulet Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    PMS for my DS211j would be nice (Marvell Kirkwood mv6281 1.2Ghz ARM Processor 16-bit@DDR2, 128MB of RAM)
  • jipeeyjipeey Posts: 18Members
    DS211j too!
  • atrusatrus Posts: 11,162Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    I agree with Kim T, and as everyone know... the man with the most posts in the forum must be taken seriously. Seriously. B)

DS409+ Freescale MPC8533 PPC Processor SATA, 64-bit Memory Bus, 512MB of RAM
  • NudgenudgeNudgenudge Master Synology Engineer Posts: 293Members
    edited August 2011
    atrus wrote:

I agree with Kim T, and as everyone know... the man with the most posts in the forum must be taken seriously. Seriously. B)

Serious Atrus is serious indeed. B)
  • riconsterriconster Posts: 29Members
    Can I install Plex in a "USB Station 2?"
  • ocdocd Posts: 1Members
    DS210j Marvell Kirkwood mv6281 ARM Processor SATA, 16-bit Memory Bus, 128MB of RAM
  • chewshabadoochewshabadoo Posts: 7Members ✭✭
    I'm not a regular user of the forum, but occasionally look to see if there's any news on a non-Intel Synology build. I only need Plex Server to watch programmes on my Samsung C-Series, with no transcoding.

I have a Synology DS209: Marvell Kirkwood mv6281 ARM Processor SATA, 16-bit Memory Bus, 256MB of RAM.