Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Plugins on LG Smart TV

rob_scottrob_scott Posts: 2Members
Plugins not working
Hi I am new to this.

I have just installed Plex on my HP laptop running Win XP (SP3). The media server works well for my downloaded movies and tv shows but I have very limited success with the Plex plugins. I get the news channels and imovies to work but prety much everything else does not (esp History Channel, Daily Show, Colbert Report - you know - stuff you ACTUALLY want to watch). All the menu stuff loads but nothing plays - just does the loading/buffering thing but nothing ever loads.

Is this a flash thing? I know there is an issue with LG TV and playing flash. Is it a country of origin thing (I am in New Zealand) or have I neglected to set the system up right?

I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jon435@gmx.netjon435@gmx.net Posts: 6Members
    trotsky wrote:

Hi I am new to this.

I have just installed Plex on my HP laptop running Win XP (SP3). The media server works well for my downloaded movies and tv shows but I have very limited success with the Plex plugins. I get the news channels and imovies to work but prety much everything else does not (esp History Channel, Daily Show, Colbert Report - you know - stuff you ACTUALLY want to watch). All the menu stuff loads but nothing plays - just does the loading/buffering thing but nothing ever loads.

Is this a flash thing? I know there is an issue with LG TV and playing flash. Is it a country of origin thing (I am in New Zealand) or have I neglected to set the system up right?

I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance.

same problem here... i'd also like to know how to get the plugins working.
  • jsajsajsajsa Posts: 5Members
    Same problem
  • hkeylm@hotmail.comhkeylm@hotmail.com Posts: 841Validating ✭✭
    Hi Folks,

you might want to check THIS Post in the LG Medialink Sub-Forum...