If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Trashcan not showing on Plex Pass upgrade path - newest Version 1.9.5.4339

kkornegaykkornegay Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just noticed recently that i had some media that was linked to an old drive location that no longer exists on my server. Any media that has this path obvious should show a trashcan because its not accessible. I however do not see a trashcan on the poster image in any view in the web app accessing the server. I only see that its unavailable when i cilck the ... and get info. Is there a recently introduced bug with the poster showing the trashcan properly?

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,746Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited October 21

This intended behaviour.
    The trashcan will only be shown when the media is considered 'deleted'.
    Since they are on a 'missing' drive, Plex doesn't consider them 'deleted'.

If you want to remove them, edit your library and remove the missing drive or folder from the 'Add Folders' tab.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • kkornegaykkornegay Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Wow thank you that's very helpful. I didn't realize this worked that way but it makes it very flexible to have it not assume they are deleted especially with people using cloud drives n such.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 25,746Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@kkornegay said:
    Wow thank you that's very helpful. I didn't realize this worked that way but it makes it very flexible to have it not assume they are deleted especially with people using cloud drives n such.

Precisely. Or external drives which could be powered down, have a loose plug or simply were temporarily removed.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging