If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Wrong Audio Track on Direct Play in TV Shows - New App

BPsurfBPsurf Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Hi Plex Team,

when I Play TV Shows which have two Audio tracks (german and english - ac3 5.1) the new Plex App only Plays the english track even when I manually select german. Only when I transcode the correct track is used.

On the old App everything was working fine.

I only discoverd this on tv Shows. On Movies it seems to be working.

Answers

• K3NPlexK3NPlex Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have exactly the same problem. Even when you switch the audio track back and forth only the English track is playing.
    So I switched back to the old app. I as for yesterday it's no longer available.
    Hope it geht's fixed soon.

FYI it seems the same with subtitles

• leinadaleinada Posts: 13Members ✭✭

The same problem en Xbox One with audios English and Spanish...he will help us and fix it? I cant view any movie and any serie :neutral:

• HiTechPandaHiTechPanda Posts: 1Members

I have this problem too.
    However i found a workaround in disabling direct play and direct stream in the settings.
    Hope this help others too.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,498Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Thanks for the reports, we're looking into this issue!

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,498Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@BPsurf @K3NPlex @leinada @HiTechPanda Do you have a sample file you can provide so we can reproduce this on our end? Also could you tell us more about your setup, what is your preferred audio track language at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account/audio-subtitle? Do you have Automatically select audio and subtitle tracks selected there?

• BPsurfBPsurf Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass
    edited October 25

Hello Moussa,

thank you for your Reply.

I have selected Automatically select audio and subtitle tracks. And it is configured to german.

I will send you a onedrive link to a sample file in a message.

• K3NPlexK3NPlex Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Moussa,
    it's the same here. Automatic select audio and subtitles also configured to German.
    It's not a specific file it doesn't work on any file. However if you transcode the file it works. Seems to be an issue with direct play. Also all files work like expected on any other device including the old xbox one app.
    Thanks for your answer hope we could help to find the issue.
    K3N

• mikkedwmikkedw Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, same issue here!
    Since the new app on Xbox one all my files are played in the original file language.
    On the web app or the android app there are no problems with the same files.
    Even with the preferences set in another language, the original keeps coming through.
    One time English worked fine and French gave me no audio at all.

Side problem, my subs keep 'falling' away after a few minutes.
    When I pause and play the file the subs come back just like that?

• artemnetartemnet Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here, please update or redeploy old app to xbox store ( my saturday night ruined :(

• dudacorpdudacorp Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

the same for portuguese brazilian audio ! update the app please

• tr3stonetr3stone Posts: 1Members

I am having the same issues with English audio tracks. If I have Direct Play turned on (Samsung TV) and I try to play a movie with two audio tracks, it will default to the first track (usually non-English). Even with correct language set the audio track will not change unless I force it to transcode by lowering quality or disabling Direct Play which causes tons of buffering with my 4K titles.

• TurilTuril Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi! I'm experiencing the same issues as described, when I disable direct play / direct stream the language choice works fine.

We have identified the issue and a fix is coming in an update soon.

• TrumplierTrumplier Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited December 1

Worng category, sorry. Remove my comment please.

• danojdanoj Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do we have a date? Latest update still seems to exhibit this behavior.
    Thanks!

• dodes47dodes47 Posts: 1Members

Same issue here. Out of three audio tracks available, the first one was commentary in Russian and it was selected and played by default. Can't change it at all.Are there any updates at all regarding the fix, Moussa?

Thanks in advance!

@danoj @dodes47 This should have been fixed in the last update. What version of the app are you running? When you say you can't change tracks do you mean the UI shows that the track is selected correctly but the wrong track is playing?

• Z(eyd)Z(eyd) Posts: 7Members ✭✭
    edited December 12

Hi,

My problem is different: on a lot of movies (about 30 for the moment) if i choose the french track i have no sound, but if i play with the english track everything is ok. The french track on this movies have different codec (ac3, DTS, etc), i have no problem with flex iPad/iphone, or with the plex navigator, only on my xbox one (running on 2.0.5.70).
    cordialy.