If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Posters / backgrounds show up as broken images for TV shows only

atwookieatwookie Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 31 in Windows

Hi all,

*** Referencing this thread as it seems to be a similar problem: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/271551/plex-will-not-display-posters-it-will-do-all-other-metadata

I've been having some strange things happen lately. A few weeks ago, I moved my Plex data folder to a larger drive (my C drive is a small SSD, and it was getting eaten alive by the file caching). Movies have posters and backgrounds, and are working great. TV shows show up with blanks, but if you check the HTML code of the presented page, they show references to tvdb images, etc. that lets me infer (rightly or wrongly) that there is a match. I also have all related meta data on the show that shows up in the info (episode name, description, etc.). I have done the Plex Dance on my TV shows library, and they did the same thing. Log files and screen shots are below. I've tried to get all the info I think you'll ask for, but I'm a n00b trying to be better, so if I missed something, I'll get it for you (collective/singular).

Setup:

• Windows 10 64-bit Pro
  • Plex Version: 1.9.6.4385
  • C Drive: NTFS
  • Z Drive: ExFat; this is where all media and Plex data lives
  • TV naming structure: {Series Title} - S{season:00}E{episode:00} - {Episode Title} {Quality Full}
  • TV File Structure: Z:\TV Shows{Show Name}\Season{season:00)\

TV Shows Library:

Movies Library:

TV Shows Info:

Logs attached.

Answers