If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Post Processing on the Shield

miguelt678miguelt678 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love the Shield, but I'd like to call a post-processing task. I'm fine with running it on a separate server but I just don't know what to use as a command.

Any idea?

Answers

• shaf81shaf81 Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unless you explain yourself more and in detail, I very much doubt you're going to get any answers for this one here.
    I myself have absolutely no idea what you mean by your question.

Please elaborate.

• miguelt678miguelt678 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Sorry everyone.
    So when I had PMS running on a computer, I had PlexComSkip on the box and would call the post-processing script.
    I'd like to do the same on the Shield. Now I know I probably won't be run comskip on the Shield, but I was wondering if there's a way to call a web server (local network) or something that would kick off the comskip process on the separate machine.
    Does that make a little more sense?

• tvinhastvinhas Posts: 78Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It works exactly the same way. You can just add the path to the script (that will need to be on a network share).

• miguelt678miguelt678 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So mount the network share from the shield and call the script as /mountpoint/scriptname.sh? I need to try this when I get home.

• rucknrunrucknrun Posts: 143Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would be interested in a way to post process them to h.264 mp4 format. No idea what I need to install onto the Shield to make this happen.

• erwinfjerwinfj Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like to have some kind of post processing script for my Plex DVR recordings so that I can compress them to a smaller size. I moved my PMS from a Win 10 box to my Shield TV. On my old Win 10 box I had a batch file that used to call Handbrake after a Plex DVR recording was completed.

So here's one idea that I'm thinking of trying. On my Win 10 box, I've mapped my "TV Shows" folder to a drive letter "S". I'll create a scheduled task to kick off around 2am which will call a batch file. This batch file will loop through the S: drive for .TS files. I'll copy the .TS files locally (Win 10) then run them through Handbrake. I'll copy the compressed files back to the S: drive and delete the old .TS files. The downside to this is that it would be a batch process that runs once a day as opposed to being processed immediately after they are recorded.