If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Mac mini usb to DAC

geldermangelderman Posts: 2Members

Hi I’m new to plex and installed it on my Mac mini as server. Movies work great for me streaming to Apple TV or chromecast. But I’m an audiophile and have flac files 24bit. I’m using audirvana on my Mac. The software connects to my external dac via usb directly and it’s bitperfect.
I can not find out how to play my files via usb to my dac. In my remote app I can only see the chromecast. I also installed the media player on the Mac mini but I cannot find any option to select my usb dac. Is that correct? And is plex not for audiophile users?
Thanks!
Koen

Tagged:

Answers

• geldermangelderman Posts: 2Members

Okay I found some more info. I’ve installed on the Mac mini also the player and in full screen mode I could select my usb dac connected to my Mac mini. Even use the exclusive mode. That’s everything I need!