If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can you add photos and videos to the same album?

day2work@gmail.comday2work@gmail.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I haven't been able to figure out how to add videos to my photo albums, can someone please direct me on how to do this?

Answers

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do you mean videos you've taken from your phone? Mine work, but I have the Plex app on my phone set to automatically upload them. I'm not sure that makes a difference though, as they should work manually loading them as well.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

• day2work@gmail.comday2work@gmail.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, you can place or sync your home videos into your photo album?
    My videos and photos both sync to Plex but they get separated and when I try to merge them together I don't see an option to do so. Does that make sense?
    Example: I took family photos and made a couple small videos and would like them to all be in the "Family" album instead of separated into 2 separate albums.

• AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 343Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It seems odd that it would split them on its own... but here's what you should do. You should make a folder on your system somewhere and load in all the content that you want to appear together.
    Then, in the Web Interface, click the plus sign next to libraries to add a new library. Change the type to Photos and add the folder you just created.

When I created my photos library (one single large library) it had my pictures already in subfolders. I can change the view to show all of my photos on a Timeline by date, or in the standard Photos view, it will sort them by the folder names I created. you could create albums in this manner.

Videos... They mix right in with everything else, and I can play them from the viewer. I think selecting Photos when you create the Library makes the difference.

PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

"It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"