If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Watch Later Not Working on Any Platform

CorneliousJDCorneliousJD Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Server Version 1.9.7.4460

I typically add items to my watch later list by sharing it from YouTube on my phone to the Plex app, which adds it to watch later, but the Plex It! bookmarklet/chrome add on is also not working.

When accessing from Android app via watch later it says "The file associated with this item is not accessible by the server."

When accessing via web player watch later it says "An error occurred trying to play VIDEO TITLE HERE".

Using latest PMP program on Windows machine on the network also shows an error.

Nothing is working via watch later, this is a feature I use daily and have come to rely on - so having it not work is extremely troublesome.
I've searched and looked at other threads but am seeing very mixed results and links to very old threads saying 1.9.3 fixed this issue, but clearly not. I was on latest stable release where it was broken and upgraded to the latest beta as well where it's still not working.

Is any work being done to fix this, or any fixes we can apply?

Best Answer

• CorneliousJDCorneliousJD Posts: 47Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

So I ran all available Windows Updates and rebooted and now it's working correctly.

This was the set of updates available for anyone wondering if they stumble on thi in the future.

Answers

• markwilliamsmarkwilliams Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here.

Watch Later is the most precarious feature I've seen lately in tech. Sometimes it works. . .most times it does not.

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    edited November 21

I use the Plex It in fireforx for watch it later youtube and it works for me:

Works on Web Android Mobile and on Samsung TV client.

Same version as you

via Email
    Can you check to see if you're on a recent server version? I'm wondering if
    something happened with a recent update.

It's been not working for me for about a week now. I can still use the
    unofficial "YouTube TV" channel and that works, but the I specially add
    watch later items to things im not subscribed to. And the watch later
    playlist takes forever to update in the YouTube TV app.

Sent from my phone.
  • nokdimnokdim Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

I am on FF 56.0.2 (64-bit) and PMS 1.9.7.4460 which I think is same version as you mentioned.
    Ive used this for a while mainly kids junk on youtube and its been working for months.

edited November 22

Sorry nokdim, I was replying from mobile via email so I didn't see your images at first.

I can add items just fine to watch later, that part works ok, but when I go into watch later they just straight up don't play for some reason.

PMS Version 1.9.7.4460 fixed it for me.

@markwilliams said:
    PMS Version 1.9.7.4460 fixed it for me.

Weird, that's what I'm on too but no luck on my side.

Accepted Answer

So I ran all available Windows Updates and rebooted and now it's working correctly.

This was the set of updates available for anyone wondering if they stumble on thi in the future.

Welp. 1.10.0.4523 broke it again for me.