If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Does Plex work with Echo Show

Or will it ever?

Answers

• dnandrews100dnandrews100 Posts: 3Members

Having just bought an Echo Show, I would also be very interested in some Plex integration.

Not too fussed about being able to play back movies or TV programs (I would rather do this via other Plex enabled devices to the TV) but it would be great if, whilst playing music from the Plex library, it could show the artist and track details and show the album artwork etc.

• Barry RicohBarry Ricoh Posts: 110Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes that would be great.
    But there is no great hope.

• vanstinatorvanstinator Plex Voice Control Posts: 794Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It should work with Music today (although we're unable to control the UI at all so it might not be very pretty). We've talked internally about video support but there are currently no plans at this point in time to prioritize that.

Projects I currently develop or maintain

Classic Forum for Plex - A forum skin that aims to replicate the classic forum experience as best as possible without taking away some of the better things about the new forum.

PlexWink - A Plex Channel that monitors Plex and controls your smart lights based on playback.

UASViewer - A Plex Channel for the Unsupported App Store that lets you browse channels right from Plex.

• cubbierccubbierc Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would really like for video to be prioritized. A perfect use of these smart speakers with screens is in the kitchen. We have an Echo Show that we use in the kitchen for recipes, adding items to the shopping list and keeping an eye on the kids with the video intercom. We would love to watch our Plex recordings, movies and live TV right on the Echo Show and eliminate an old under-the-cabinet TV we have. I have Plex working with a hack on the Echo Show going through a web browser link in the ToS...but unfortunately it times out after a couple minutes of no touch activity and returns to the home screen.

• mranderson1101mranderson1101 Posts: 1Members

Plex for Echo show would be awesome!

• BLiteBLite Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agree!

I wonder what the size of the Echo Show/Spot owner base is versus Oculus Go/Gear VM? (Serious question... I have both, but I'd much prefer to watch on an Echo device in bed.)

• princemanjeeprincemanjee Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think this would be a nifty feature and I believe Amazon has an API for this, just a matter of connecting the dots I bet.

• ksknoxksknox Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree. Adding Plex functionality to the Echo Show would dramatically improve the utility of both products. This should be a priority, given that the Echo line (including the Spot and Show) are quickly becoming ubiquitous fixtures in homes.