If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Problem with Camera Upload giving immediate error when trying to open or go into its settings

cardycardy Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I have been using the camera upload for a while and suddenly I get the following behaviour.

Try to open the camera up upload and it tells me it's already in use on the phone. The error is "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload. \n\n Have null select the myhome server
and return here to make changes.

Restarted both server and phone still same error. I have also cleared the plex app cache.

I can't even turn off camera upload as this error appears as soon as I select Camera Upload from the main list or from the settings page. The only option available is to click ok which returns me to the main menu.

Any ideas

Lee

Best Answers

Answers

• cardycardy Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks all got it working by doing the uninstall and reinstall, personally still think this a bug that should be fixed rather than having to use a work around but thanks for the help.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,408Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@cardy said:
    Thanks all got it working by doing the uninstall and reinstall, personally still think this a bug that should be fixed rather than having to use a work around but thanks for the help.

To confirm it is the issue that is already raised with the development team - had you changed servers?

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• cardycardy Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't recall changing server however it is possible I did and it stopped working at that point. It was only when i expected some photos to have been uploaded and noticed that they were not there that i investigated further.

As i can't be sure for now assume that I had i know I did the week before so maybe that triggered it if the issue re-occurs when I have not changed server I will raise the issue again.

• mersaymersay Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This happened to me too, but I did not change any servers. It just started to happen randomly. Weird. I guess I have to reinstall the app to fix....

• angeliaangelia Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you. That fixed my problem.

• AwkerAwker Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I didn't want to uninstall either. I found sign out sign in again helped. Still seems a bit glitchy. (Turns off when I exit the setting) but got me past that error box

• diTToSdiTToS Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I was having the same issue, did a "Forced Stop" cleared the cache and data and now it works. Well now it's re-uploading all my photos again, but at least it's connected again.

• e.acostae.acosta Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

none of the posted ideas is really a solution in any way, having to re-upload all photos is a bandwidth drain for me. Definitely no thanks.
    I honestly cannot understand why some answers are marked as "Accepted". Is the bar seriously that low among android users?

This started happening to me all of the sudden for no reason. No server name change, not even a server configuration change or upgrade.

I've tried all of the reported approaches that have at least re-enabled the feature for other people but nothing works.

It really sucks that I can no longer upload any photos.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,408Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@e.acosta said:
    none of the posted ideas is really a solution in any way, having to re-upload all photos is a bandwidth drain for me. Definitely no thanks.
    I honestly cannot understand why some answers are marked as "Accepted". Is the bar seriously that low among android users?

This started happening to me all of the sudden for no reason. No server name change, not even a server configuration change or upgrade.

I've tried all of the reported approaches that have at least re-enabled the feature for other people but nothing works.

It really sucks that I can no longer upload any photos.

If you have not changed servers then please get some diagnostics so that your problem can be investigated

Screenshot of the screen
    Plex for Android logs zip
    Plex Media Server logs zip

See
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-Android-TV-Fire-TV-Logs

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• benjammin1001benjammin1001 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yea, I just had to do this too... just FYI.

• mikal@stillhq.commikal@stillhq.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This happens to me as well. Logging out and back in didn't help. Sounds like the latest app version is broken?

• woovuwoovu Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I get the "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload. \n\n Have null select the xyz server" message on my Android (mobile) client.

I have not changed server names, user names, or done anything with my account.

Updated server to latest (1.10.0.4523).
    Restarted. Still happens.
    Server logs attached.

@woovu said:
    I get the "Camera upload error Someone else is already using camera upload. \n\n Have null select the xyz server" message on my Android (mobile) client.

I have not changed server names, user names, or done anything with my account.

Updated server to latest (1.10.0.4523).
    Restarted. Still happens.
    Server logs attached.

Can you please also include Plex Android app logs as well - and if you can reproduce include a screenshot

See link to support article in my earlier post