Home › FreeBSD
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!
PMS not advertising local IP when running under bhyve vm
I have been trying to wrap my head around this but here are the details:
- In most of my use cases, PlexPy shows 192.168.1.1 (my router) as client IP address when playing media from my local PMS instance.
- This happens when playing using Plex Home accounts on my Roku Sticks, Roku TV or Samsung Smart TV app (last year's generation, not the old app). This also happens when playing media from app.plex.tv using either my main plex.tv account or a Plex Home account.
- This doesn't happen when playing from my plex.tv main account on the above devices or when playing from my phone using either my main account or a Plex Home account or when playing from 192.168.1.65:32400/web/ using any account.
- DNS rebinding seems to work just fine.
- I have set 192.168.1.0/24 as my local network in PMS settings.
- I have set Secure connections to Preferred and my clients have Fallback to insecure connection on local network only.
So I have a few questions:
- Should playing from app.plex.tv be playing directly from my PMS local instance (i.e. should I be seeing my laptop's IP address in PlexPy).
- What difference is there between the main plex.tv account and Plex Home accounts that would explain a change in behavior on Roku and Samsung devices?
- What can I do to resolve this?