Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Not able to play movies

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have the SmartTV Upgrader and the Plex Media installed on my PC. I have put one movie (.avi) into my movies library. The metadata is fine. However, when I open MediaLink, I can see my movie's icon but when I select it to start playing it, I receive the following message: "cannot play the media". Someone can help? Thanks.

Comments

• panikpaspanikpas Posts: 2Members
    edited October 2011

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have the SmartTV Upgrader and the Plex Media installed on my PC. I have put one movie (.avi) into my movies library. The metadata is fine. However, when I open MediaLink, I can see my movie's icon but when I select it to start playing it, I receive the following message: "cannot play the media". Someone can help? Thanks.

Try this : http://136.166.4.200/contents/STB/ST600/LG_ST_6100B31_9_79_901.zip

It's a beta firmware update provided by the LG tech on this forum. Unzip to a USB stick and then plug into the USB slot of your ST600. Follow the instruction on the screen. This works for me without changing any settings on my Router or Firewall. Also you can try TwonkyMedia Server. It's easy to set up and it works very well.