Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Live TV/DVR not showing up in PLEX windows app or the TIVO app

tazbytestazbytes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

I have plex pass and HD homeRun connect. Everything works fine and I can access plex via the web browser and watch and manage live TV. Installed the PLEX app from the microsoft store and all my libraries show up; however, the Live TV is not available. Am I missing something? Also no live TV in the plex app for TIVO. Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• JamminRJamminR Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,537 Plex Pass
    edited January 13 Accepted Answer

@tazbytes said:
    Am I missing something?

Yep.
    The FAQ for Plex Live TV
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/226463767-frequently-asked-questions-dvr-live-tv/

Which apps let me watch “Live TV”?

Live TV is currently supported on the following Plex apps:

Amazon Fire TV
    Android (mobile)
    Android TV
    Apple TV
    iOS
    Plex Web App
    Roku

See the dedicated article for more details.

Related Page: Watching Live TV

EDIT - Oh, and feel free to ask, but never get an answer until it's already released, IF it's ever released, for any feature/addition/app support because Plex has little transparency about any changes.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.13.2.5154
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~375gb(~50gb server))
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - FMoviesPlus
  • redstar92redstar92 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 28 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

This has really taken a very long time... Android TV... Roku... Come on, XBOX and W10 Please...

• tazbytestazbytes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    edited January 24

Update: HDHR viewer for HDHomerun solved my issue for now. Since the Plex App for my TIVO does not support the live TV and I really wanted to be able to watch my live TV from the OTA antenna on the TIVO (TIVO was not accessible to connecting to the antenna thus the need for the HDHomeRun tuner). However, after installing the HDHR viewer via the Plex Web Tools, now I can go to any TIVO in the house and run the plex app, go to the channels and using the HDHR viewer watch live TV from my HDHomeRun connect on my TIVO. Excellent.

• JamminRJamminR Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3,537 Plex Pass
    edited January 24

@tazbytes - I just can't imagine why you'd go through doing that when Tivo is a perfectly good, and more responsive from my experience, way to watch "Live" TV.
    I too have Tivo, but I don't use it to watch Live TV on Plex. I use Tivo to watch (usually 30 minutes deferred) "Live" TV, and I use Plex to view pre-recorded content. I only use the HDHR/Plex combo when in another part of the house or remote where I can't timeshift.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.13.2.5154
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~375gb(~50gb server))
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - FMoviesPlus
  • tazbytestazbytes Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass

@JamminR - Totally agree with you. Tivo blows away the plex live TV with a OTA antenna. My situation is my TIVO is located in a place that I cannot hookup an OTA antenna to it so was looking for a way to feed live TV to the Tivo through the network from another source like the HDHomerun tuner. Not the best solution but at least it works for now until I can get an antenna feed over to the TIVO.