If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How much space does video metadata take?

BarbequewolfBarbequewolf Posts: 14Members ✭✭

I've encoded roughly 270 movies with about 400 more to go. If metadata is stored on internal storage and cannot currently use adapted storage, at what point or quantity do I encounter memory issues on the 16G version of the Shield?

Best Answer

• BarbequewolfBarbequewolf Posts: 14Members ✭✭

I appreciate you answering this. My library consists of mostly DVDs, 95%, and the balance in BD. Not a huge library in comparison. I'm not expecting to download too many apps on the Shield. So based on your theory, I should be fine with the 16GB version.

• Strategizer8520Strategizer8520 Posts: 39Members ✭✭
    edited January 14

With your setup, I believe you'll be ok with plenty of space remaining.

I have 2200 movies in my library. I reset my PMS not to long ago & after all the metadata & so on was added, My PMS was around 3GB-4GB in size. Once I added 45 full tv series, Its went up to 6.2GB.

I have my Shield Tv rooted & PMS reinstalled to 250GB SSD adoptive storage, So I have no need to worry about space. But I believe if you have PMS on internal storage, You need to keep at least 2GB-2.6GB of storage free, Otherwise you'll have trouble installing Shield Tv system updates, Random errors & system wide slow downs which will lead to the Shield Tv crashing every now & then.

• BarbequewolfBarbequewolf Posts: 14Members ✭✭

Again, thanks for your assurance. I disgust this with others outside the forum and they said the same.