Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

SD card & sync 'ed content plex getting confused due to OS settings

JohnnyBoyMcDJohnnyBoyMcD Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

I have a 64gb sd card and 32gb on my tablet.
When synching content plex uses internal storage. Even if I select external in synch settings on plex.

Plex's behaviour seems to be affected by the OS settings.

Eg if in the OS settings I select default location SD card. Plex only ever uses internal memory no matter what setting is set in the synch menu.

If I set is default location to internal for the OS. plex will allow internal or the SD card to be used.

This seems broken as I want the SD card to be default for app installation and data as well as use it for plex content.

Using android 7 & latest version of plex from play store.

Answers

• datadudewaynedatadudewayne Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

In Android you should be able to format the SD card as internal space, if you are not needing or wanting to remove the SD from the device

• JohnnyBoyMcDJohnnyBoyMcD Members, Plex Pass Posts: 14 Plex Pass

I can do but plex only sees the original internal storage (32gb) not the extended one (32+64) - even though the OS does

• datadudewaynedatadudewayne Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass
    edited January 13

Try uninstalling the plex app formatting and reinstalling....I have a couple of devices set up this way and it works fine, tablets running android 7, Plex should only have an internal only option at that point...