If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Failed to connect to HTTP on 192.168.106.130 port 80: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access

AGJ_HelmetAGJ_Helmet Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Failed to connect to HTTP on 192.168.106.130 port 80: [Errno 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Is the error I got. I was searching high and low and didn't quite find my exact problem. There is of course the IIS you can disable but not my same problem. I had my plexconnect working and used it for days until one day I received the above error. I realized after some troubleshooting I had created an incoming connection for a VPN connection in the adapter settings under Network Connections.

SOLUTION for me was to disable/delete this incoming connection. The moment I did this plexconnect booted right up with not issues.

I felt obligated to write this to let others know of a different fix to a different suspect causing the same type issue

Comments

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 3,221Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Thanks !!!

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0569 + PMS 1.13.1.5063 + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.6

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me