If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No record button on Roku just live play

wdelarmewdelarme Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Am I missing a setting that allows you to choose to record a tv show from the Roku plex app? are there any devices that this works with?

Answers

  • AmazingRando24AmazingRando24 Posts: 1,036Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    You are not missing anything. That feature has not yet rolled out on the Roku.

    PMS Server: Intel i7-6700 16gb RAM Dedicated Windows 10 PC
    DVR Lineup: Dual HDHomeRun Extend Tuners
    NAS: Drobo 5n2-15tb / Drobo B800fs 24tb

    "It's amazing what replacing one faulty network cable will do for your Plex performance!"

  • DaviatorDaviator Posts: 19Members ✭✭

    So you mean to tell me the only way I can record shows is from my PC Plex server? If so then that is really stupid. So glad I didn't spring for a lifetime Plex subscription.

  • wdelarmewdelarme Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @Daviator said:
    So you mean to tell me the only way I can record shows is from my PC Plex server? If so then that is really stupid. So glad I didn't spring for a lifetime Plex subscription.

    At some point they will have it but their development for roku has been slow as balls. I think they have two high school kids on the project :)

  • DFuryDFury Posts: 261Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @wdelarme said:

    @Daviator said:
    So you mean to tell me the only way I can record shows is from my PC Plex server? If so then that is really stupid. So glad I didn't spring for a lifetime Plex subscription.

    At some point they will have it but their development for roku has been slow as balls. I think they have two high school kids on the project :)

    Quite the contrary, actually...Roku has one of the best Devs (ljunkie) in the entire Plex ecosystem, in my opinion. There are other devs on the Roku team, as well...but I'm not familiar with them. Roku dev has felt "slow" because much of the development resources over the past year have been used to conduct a complete-rewrite (which is still ongoing). The rewrite was mandated by Roku's transition to RSG (see the top "sticky" thread)

  • hackztor@gmail.comhackztor@gmail.com Posts: 503Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @DFury said:

    @wdelarme said:

    @Daviator said:
    So you mean to tell me the only way I can record shows is from my PC Plex server? If so then that is really stupid. So glad I didn't spring for a lifetime Plex subscription.

    At some point they will have it but their development for roku has been slow as balls. I think they have two high school kids on the project :)

    Quite the contrary, actually...Roku has one of the best Devs (ljunkie) in the entire Plex ecosystem, in my opinion. There are other devs on the Roku team, as well...but I'm not familiar with them. Roku dev has felt "slow" because much of the development resources over the past year have been used to conduct a complete-rewrite (which is still ongoing). The rewrite was mandated by Roku's transition to RSG (see the top "sticky" thread)

    Yup he is the best Plex developer. So good that Plex has to artificially limit him to make the other developers not look as bad. Then throw in Roku with constant changes that mess up everything and Plex has to program around Roku.

  • DaviatorDaviator Posts: 19Members ✭✭

    Has @ljunkie or anyone from Plex ever actually seen or a used a real DVR?

    My first Tivo from 15 years ago would run circles around the Plex setup. Even the junky cable company DVRs look like advanced technology in comparison.

    Certain features should be a given, especially when ALL other DVRs perform the same basic functions and have for 10+ years. Just like no one every asks a car dealer if brakes are included.

  • wdelarmewdelarme Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

    @Daviator said:
    Has @ljunkie or anyone from Plex ever actually seen or a used a real DVR?

    My first Tivo from 15 years ago would run circles around the Plex setup. Even the junky cable company DVRs look like advanced technology in comparison.

    Certain features should be a given, especially when ALL other DVRs perform the same basic functions and have for 10+ years. Just like no one every asks a car dealer if brakes are included.

    I just can't imagine its that hard to add record functionality to the current application on Roku. Make a menu under the * and choose record when a show is highlighted to start recording.

Sign In or Register to comment.