If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

When will Google home support be available?

adampc2adampc2 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Dear Plex media server Devs,,

I've been using your service for a couple of years now and there is one serious flaw No Google Home / Amazon Alexa voice commands :( so upset that it's not there. Everything else on plex and plex vr is very nice almost PERFECT! but the public wants Google voice like Netflix has with google home.

Tagged:

Answers

• punchjohnpunchjohn Posts: 1Members

agree support for google home is the way forward

• nccgs@yahoo.comnccgs@yahoo.com Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes please!

• MatchooWMatchooW Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yep, yep. Really need this.

• DSmith21DSmith21 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've got Google Homes and Google Home Minis everywhere, and they work beautifully to cast netflix and youtube stuff to my TV's. Would love to have Plex capabilities there.

• BlackSheepTxRxBlackSheepTxRx Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agreed! Google home integration would be great.

• tripflextripflex Posts: 94Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Probably never ... seems like they have some kind of exclusive deal with Amazon ... tsk tsk

• brimurbrimur Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Check out Phlex / Flex Tv in the meantime

• MarkyMark40MarkyMark40 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I have been wanting this since I got my google home! Please! How awesome would it be to tell plex via google home to play a movie, pause it etc etc!

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 1,232Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

seems like they have some kind of exclusive deal with Amazon ... tsk tsk

You must have a better source of info than I then :smile:

For now, this is the Chromecast forums, and while we're always looking at supporting other devices, this isn't the ideal spot to chat about Home support.

• jxb1234jxb1234 Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Dom C said:

seems like they have some kind of exclusive deal with Amazon ... tsk tsk

You must have a better source of info than I then :smile:

For now, this is the Chromecast forums, and while we're always looking at supporting other devices, this isn't the ideal spot to chat about Home support.

There isn't a "Voice Control (Google Home)" forum, only an Alexa forum, as far as i can see?

The Plex and Amazon Prime TV interfaces look almost identical, so you can't really claim that you don't have a deal with Amazon, or did Amazon copy the Plex UI..< unlikely >.

• infuriatedtubeinfuriatedtube Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hurry up with the G homenintegration!

• DeanNotDinDeanNotDin Posts: 3Members

PRETTY PLEASE!
    Allow Plex voice activation support voa Google home !
    This will truly make my life perfect.