If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Problem with buffering on Raspberry Pi2

I have Plex web server version running on a Raspberry Pi2 with Raspbian Lite. The Pi is connected directly to my router by an ethernet cable and the library is on a USB hard drive attached to the Pi. For the last few weeks it has been almost impossible to stream videos on my Samsung TV due to very frequent buffering. This happens when using the Plex app on my Roku 3 and also if I use the DLNA player on my TV. Playing music is fine.

I also have Plex running on a PC which has a wireless connection to the router and the same TV & Roku can stream videos without any problem.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Best Answer