If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

reFocus for Plex "Back to Blue" Edition

Comments

• sandman4suresandman4sure Posts: 788Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    spidi wrote:

Hi and thanks for this amazing skin....

I have a little question.
    Is it possible to jump back to "onDeck" after watching an episode?

OnDeck is a very nice feature and I use it every day, but when I start a show using onDeck, I watch it and after its finished it doesn't jump back to the right position,
    so I can quickly watch the next episode. I always have to go down to TV Shows again. Is it possible to implement this?

Thanks, spidi

Good question, I have noticed this also but don't know if I can change this in the skin.
    What do other skins do? Does the default Plex skin jump back to the right position after you have watched an episode?

• spidispidi Posts: 87Members

Good question, I have noticed this also but don't know if I can change this in the skin.
    What do other skins do? Does the default Plex skin jump back to the right position after you have watched an episode?

good question, I will check this at home. (at work now)
  • spidispidi Posts: 87Members
    looks like it works with the build in skin

i'm always on TV Shows after finishing an episode.
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,015Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    hi sandman, would you consider adding a recently used on the home screen for the channel section. i think there's a few skins that do this - like alaska.
    edited December 2011
    spidi wrote:

looks like it works with the build in skin

i'm always on TV Shows after finishing an episode.

Thanks for investigating!
    I will see if something can be changed.
    marklight wrote:

hi sandman, would you consider adding a recently used on the home screen for the channel section. i think there's a few skins that do this - like alaska.

I was working on it, but it is difficult because the channels are on the submenu. But maybe I can come up with something.
  • marklightmarklight Posts: 1,015Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hmm, not sure how skinning works haha but I know media stream shows each respective channel's recently added when you hover over the individual section on the main menu. Is it because the channels are in a submenu that it causes a problem? What if when you go into the submenu it shows the recently added for each section. Or maybe you could just show all three section's recently added when hovering over the channel section on the main menu. Again, i'm no skinner so I'm not sure of the limitations of the skinning engine.

Thanks again for your hard work on this great skin!
  • kruisjekruisje Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi Sandman, would it be possible to add additional views to a music section? (not the i-tunes channel).
    At this moment a lot of my artists have their picture wrongly scaled or skewed. (this happens all the time when a picture of an artists is not a square)
    Perhaps even a slide view with fanart? Would really appreciate the effort !
    kruisje wrote:

Hi Sandman, would it be possible to add additional views to a music section? (not the i-tunes channel).
    At this moment a lot of my artists have their picture wrongly scaled or skewed. (this happens all the time when a picture of an artists is not a square)
    Perhaps even a slide view with fanart? Would really appreciate the effort !

The Music views are next on my list :)
    They are not ported yet from the original reFocus, so expect a lot of new views here.

Yesterday I have added the biglist view to albums and songs.
    The normal list view will be removed (that list view is from the Grainy Edition)

If you see skewed images in views other than list view, please let me know, so I can fix that.
    marklight wrote:

Hmm, not sure how skinning works haha but I know media stream shows each respective channel's recently added when you hover over the individual section on the main menu. Is it because the channels are in a submenu that it causes a problem? What if when you go into the submenu it shows the recently added for each section. Or maybe you could just show all three section's recently added when hovering over the channel section on the main menu. Again, i'm no skinner so I'm not sure of the limitations of the skinning engine.

Thanks again for your hard work on this great skin!

There are some problems with pushing "right" to display the recently used, because when you are in the submenu right is going back to the main menu…
    I will see what I can come up with, but first I have to add all the music and picture views.
    edited December 2011
    Yesterday I have added lots of music views.
    Can you please take a look and see if the different view modes for artist and album are visible?
    Sometimes I only see the List view, and not for instance the Slide view for Artists.
    Don't know what the problem there is...

Thanks

EDIT:
    When selecting "By Genre" and "By Year" first, the different options will appear.
    They will then also stay available when choosing "All Artists" or "By Album"

Going directly to "All Artists" or "By Album" the first time, the views are not available.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Is this a Plex bug?
  • oa-5599oa-5599 Posts: 184Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hi Sandman!

Thanks for a great skin, that is now my default.

Is it possible to enable Kiosk mode?

Cheers,
    Mac Mini 2,53 Ghz | Panasonic TX-P42G30
    oa-5599 wrote:

Hi Sandman!

Thanks for a great skin, that is now my default.

Is it possible to enable Kiosk mode?

Cheers,

Thanks, good to year you like it!

I've added kiosk mode to the TODO
  • kruisjekruisje Posts: 126Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thanks for the updates, I will give it a try tonight when I get back from work.

Yesterday I have added lots of music views.
    Can you please take a look and see if the different view modes for artist and album are visible?
    Sometimes I only see the List view, and not for instance the Slide view for Artists.
    Don't know what the problem there is...

Thanks

EDIT:
    When selecting "By Genre" and "By Year" first, the different options will appear.
    They will then also stay available when choosing "All Artists" or "By Album"

Going directly to "All Artists" or "By Album" the first time, the views are not available.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Is this a Plex bug?
  • soundShinobisoundShinobi Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    I was trying to re-download this skin and I get bad gateway errors. Are the file gone?
  • kamikaze_pigeonkamikaze_pigeon Posts: 8Members
    This may have been asked before (sorry if this is a repeat) but is there anyway to get the iTunes channel on the main menu? PMS is having a crap time sorting my music!!!
    61754.png
    watched-clearlogo.jpg
    kamikazepigeon.jpg

I was trying to re-download this skin and I get bad gateway errors. Are the file gone?

It's still there, can you try again?
    edited December 2011

This may have been asked before (sorry if this is a repeat) but is there anyway to get the iTunes channel on the main menu? PMS is having a crap time sorting my music!!!

It was there before but I removed it because in Laika it didn't work as before.
    I'll have a look again.

EDIT:
    It's back, please update
  • kamikaze_pigeonkamikaze_pigeon Posts: 8Members

It was there before but I removed it because in Laika it didn't work as before.
    I'll have a look again.

EDIT:
    It's back, please update

I think I must be doing something wrong, I updated through preen, but I can still find the option to put iTunes on the main menu (I can put channels, but not just iTunes)

Sorry for being a pain, only been using Plex for about a week.
    61754.png
    watched-clearlogo.jpg
    kamikazepigeon.jpg

I think I must be doing something wrong, I updated through preen, but I can still find the option to put iTunes on the main menu (I can put channels, but not just iTunes)

Sorry for being a pain, only been using Plex for about a week.

You are using the new Plex Laika and updated reFocus using Preen?

Then it must be there:

settings_itunes.jpg