If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pre-roll on Roku

prepromanpreproman Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can't get a pre-roll.mp4 (PlexPreroll.mp4) file to play before a movie (on any Roku player).

It play's just fine before each and every movie on the Plex Media Server via a windows 10 PC / (unRAID).

Under Extras - I have the correct path of the .mp4 file and it plays fine on the PMS before every movie like it should.
/media/appdata/PlexPreroll.mp4

Any Ideas?

Answers

• thenicnetthenicnet Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue. I'd like to get this working.

• ebonitemasterebonitemaster Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I ran into this same issue. You need to enable the pre-roll on each Roku device. In order to do this log into the Roku, select the account at the top right and go to Settings. Under General you will see an option for "Cinema Trailers". I changed this setting to "Play Pre-roll Only" and that made it work. Good luck!

• thenicnetthenicnet Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@ebonitemaster said:
    I ran into this same issue. You need to enable the pre-roll on each Roku device. In order to do this log into the Roku, select the account at the top right and go to Settings. Under General you will see an option for "Cinema Trailers". I changed this setting to "Play Pre-roll Only" and that made it work. Good luck!

Yup, thank you. I really thought I looked through all the options but apparently I missed it. Thanks for the catch!