If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

5.1.1 for my TCL ROKU TV having issues after update

mpg732@gmail.commpg732@gmail.com Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I am kinda new to PLEX so sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Has any one else had issues with update 5.1.1? I am having problems streaming to my ROKU. Any large files especially 4k with high audio such has HD audio 7.1, the image completely breaks up. The audio plays fine, but the image is all static.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• yarisgutierrezyarisgutierrez Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same exact issues. Were you able to rectify the problem by chance?

• mpg732@gmail.commpg732@gmail.com Posts: 6Members ✭✭

jzolezzi, thanks for the update.

yarisgutierrez,
    I have not been keeping track on the file type, but what seemed to solve the issue is by either changing "Direct Play" to auto and or by checking or unchecking "Allow Direct Stream". Seems like there is not a one setting fixes everything. Depends on file type and audio track.

• mlwest1976@live.commlwest1976@live.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My issue was fixed after I set my TLC Roku TV to FORCE Direct play.