If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sonos with Plex - Some Libraries Work; Others Don't

robertlsrobertls Posts: 1Members

For some reason my Sonos app has a problem connecting to one of the three libraries I have on the Sonos app. Two of those libraries are remote (friends' accounts), and Sonos has no problem playing music from them. My own library is on my iMac in my home, and I can see all my music, playlists, etc., through Sonos, but when it goes to play a song, I get the message, "Unable to play 'song name' - unable to connect to Plex. I can play plex direct via my iphone and computer -- it's only through Sonos that it doesn't work, and only this particular library in my home. I have remote access enabled.

Are there any suggestions to get this fixed?

Tagged:

Answers

• CokokopelliCokokopelli Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I seem to have the same issue. I can see all my libraries, albums, tracks, etc, but nothing plays, constantly gives the error "unable to connect to plex"

• Kyle VerryKyle Verry Posts: 425Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I only started experiencing this since I updated to .5003. You ever get it fixed?

Server: MacMini (Late 2012); 2.3 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, SSD
    Storage: 2 x Terramaster; 5 x 8TB Seagate Drives, 2 8TB RAID 1 (16TB)
    Network: Full Unifi Network (3 switches, 2 AP-HDs, USG), Frontier FiOS 100MB/110MB
    Plex Users: 15 users; United States, El Salvador, Spain
    Devices: Mostly Android (20+ devices) and a few iOS products, 9 Chromecasts, 2 Shields, and some Chrome access

• johnclaytonjohnclayton Plex-ifier of Smart Speakers Montana, USAPosts: 68Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Please see this comment re: being unable to play via local PMS connections: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1664249/#Comment_1664249