If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server

Comments

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@tarnecki - Sorry. I don't know then. Tautulli worked for the post person I linked to once the person updated on FB pages.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • Jorge D'ALMEIDAJorge D'ALMEIDA Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Jorge D'ALMEIDA said:
    I did not found a “Feature Request” section

Ho, sorry about that :)

• ipubipub Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

Not Approved
    Pre-filling the user message field is against Platform Policy 2.3 All content has to be manually entered by the user.
    OK
    Instead, use Open Graph Tags to customize your app content.

Facebook API doesn't let you use the user message field anymore. The Tautulli api needs to be updated. In the meantime I am using email notifications which from experience with previous plexwatch, facebook will pull access to that whenever they feel like it also.

• Vod-On-PlexVod-On-Plex Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having an issue trying to Install as a daemon.
    When running this "sudo service tautulli [start | stop | reload | restart]" from the final part of the installion I recieve this error.

/opt/Tautulli# sudo service tautulli [start | stop | reload | restart]
    not found/tautulli: 53: /etc/default/tautulli:
    not found/tautulli: 56: /etc/default/tautulli:
    not found/tautulli: 59: /etc/default/tautulli:
    not found/tautulli: 61: /etc/default/tautulli:
    /etc/init.d/tautulli: 62: .: Can't open /lib/lsb/init-functions

Any help please this is driving me mad :(
    init-functions file is in this path /lib/lsb

edited April 15

@Vod-On-Plex said:
    When running this "sudo service tautulli [start | stop | reload | restart]" from the final part of the installion I recieve this error.

That's bracket variable notation with a "OR" statement.
    [start OR stop OR reload OR restart]
    >sudo service tautulli start
    OR
    >sudo service tautulli stop
    OR
    >sudo service tautulli reload
    OR
    >sudo service tautulli restart

Hopefully that will work much better for you.

Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
  • mjbtnusmjbtnus Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just realized that my Tautulli (V2.0.28) install isn't logging videos embedded in Plex (1.11.3.4793) photo albums. Anything I should check? I've taken to embedded videos in photo albums as it blends them seamlessly into the timeline of the image in the album. I almost accused a family member of lying that they had watched some of these I'm referring to, yet Tautulli shows no views. But fortunately, I decided to test the concern out before sticking my hoof in my mouth (or elsewhere)! :) I've seen this asked before, but I never really captured a response, but why can't Tautulli log photo album viewing? And, perhaps, is this the same reason it isn't logging embedded videos in photo albums? Thanks!!

• Tmbiv56Tmbiv56 Posts: 10Members ✭✭

I know y'all will roll your eyes at such a newbie question, but here it is. I am running plex on centos 7 minimal install, but with gnome. I use ssh from my windows machine most of the time.
    I installed Tautulli with this: git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli.git
    No errors at all when installing from the installation guide.
    However, the installation stalled on the > python Tautulli.py command here:
    INFO :: MainThread : Tautulli WebStart :: Starting Tautulli web server on http://0.0.0.0:8181/

I finally used ctrl-c after about 2 minutes.

Can someone help me get this working?
    Thanks.

PS. I am posting this here because I was told to post in this thread.

edited April 15

@mjbtnus said:
    why can't Tautulli log photo album viewing?

My theory, but JonnyWong or another dev would need to comment - It's likely not part of the Plex API.
    Plex would not need to maintain stream status, ie, where you were in the middle of a stream or whether it's buffering or not.
    I found this mention in a quick search to see if it did - it's vague, but helps my theory a bit -
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1531527/#Comment_1531527

is this the same reason it isn't logging embedded videos in photo albums?

Again, my theory, but, absolutely, yes, Tautulli doesn't monitor photo libraries.

I personally don't consider this a high dev-invest-time requirement.
    I wouldn't want 150 entries in my history tab for photo viewing for one relative who I decided to share photo's with, more if I added family.
    However, I understand, opinions vary, you have want for it. You may make this suggestion at Tautulli's Feathub page, or, perhaps, even find it's already there and increase it's vote 'for' count to have JonnyWong/devs see if it can be done.

edited April 15

@Tmbiv56 said:
    I know y'all will roll your eyes at such a newbie question,

Not at all. Most of us only roll when we see questions that have clearly been answered at the FAQ/Wiki.
    I'm not so sure this one is 'clear' until you see my answer below.

I use ssh from my windows machine most of the time.

That's likely your challenge is this situation - read-on

INFO :: MainThread : Tautulli WebStart :: Starting Tautulli web server on http://0.0.0.0:8181/

I presume you are shelling in when experiencing this.
    Had you been on your gnome desktop, with a terminal window open, you likely would have had a browser window open.
    Tautulli is like Plex, when you start it for first time (and sequential times if you don't disable the feature), it opens a browser window prompting you to configure it.

What happens if you, from your Windows machine, visit http://your.tautulli.linux.ip:8181/ ?
    Or while on your linux machine gnome desktop, visit http://localhost:8181/ ?

PS. I am posting this here because I was told to post in this thread.

As you should.

JamminR, thanks for the response.
    I am going to hook up the monitor and use gnome, but in the meantime, I wanted to answer your question.
    From my windows box, when I type in http://serverIP:8118/ the browser gives a "This web site can't be reached." timeout message.
    I feel the problem is probably some sort of http service is not enabled on the linux machine. Or it might be security related. Not sure.

Actually, I have to rethink that last thought, because Plex is being hosted via http from the machine, so that's not it.

Well, progress is being made!
    Thanks again JamminR. After running the command # python Tautulli.py from a gnome terminal window, I was taken to a configuration page in the browser.
    My Plex credentials were verified, and I accepted the defaults.
    I went back to my windows box, but I still couldn't get the page to come up.
    I am wondering if I need to tell my firewall or systemd to allow port 8181, or did the installation already do that for me?
    I ran the command as root.
    Thanks again.

@Tmbiv56 - I'm unsure if the installation edits any default configurations.
    If you have a firewall blocking external access to port 8181, that could indeed be a cause.
    Did you have to edit systemd to allow remote access to Plex:32400? If so, yes, same config, but for 8181.
    Make sure you are using the server.lan.ip:8181 from your windows machine of course, not localhost:8181

@JamminR.
    Thanks again for your help.
    I just now set up Tautulli to run as a daemon (?). That part is working.
    Still can't connect from windows. Yes, I am using http://192.168.1.###:8181 from the windows box.
    Yes, I think I did have to open 32400 for Plex. I will see if I can do the same for Tautulli.
    Thanks again.

That did it. I used

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8181/tcp --permanent

firewall-cmd --reload

Thanks for the help @JamminR!

Welcome, glad I could. Enjoy Tautulli.

• MrTwIXxMrTwIXx Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16

Is it possible that Tautulli don't log the IP or it change to localhost?

• justinhowjustinhow Posts: 144Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 17

First of all the Newsletter feature is superb! Well Done! In fact the whole app is superb.
    However, personally I do not want to tell users about new episodes to existing TV Shows/Seasons, however I would like to tell them of entirely new TV Shows and new Seasons to existing shows. I don't thinks this is currently possible.
    This is similar to the emails I receive from Netflix for instance.
    Just wanted to check here before suggesting as a feature change.

PMS Server: Windows Server 2016 (Intel i7-8700K, 15TB RAID, 32GB RAM)
    Playback Devices: NVIDIA Shield TV (Kodi, Plex), Sky HD, Panasonic DMP-UB400 UHD Player
    AV Amp: Denon AVR-X4400H
    Speakers: Monitor Audio Gold 300, C350 and FX speakers
    Screens: JVC - DLA-x7900 projector, LG 55SJ810V TV
  • TwistedEndzTwistedEndz Posts: 284Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone tell me what is the 8.8 mbps estimated needed when the video is only 1.5 ?

i get confused on why it would require 8.8 mbps ?

thanks !

• nibble4bitsnibble4bits Posts: 167Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@enchained said:
    Also, I'm having a bit of a trouble figuring out how to set up separate notification template for the show premiere. If it's the pilot episode added (or the batch that includes it), I want my notification to contain genres and summary - to get users familiar with the new addition.
    My first thought - divide current agent into 2: first eliminates premieres, and second contains only them.
    First condition I came up with: ({season_num} != 1 AND {episode_num} != 1) and the reverse for the Premiere agent. Then the premiere agent works if I add a single pilot episode. But if I add single non-premiere episode, the regular agent skips it if it's still from season 1.
    So I made it a double case condition: {season_num} != 1 AND {episode_num} != 1) OR {season_num} == 1 AND {episode_num} != 1). Not sure if it's the best way to deal with it.

And both agents fail for batches: Unable to cast parameter 'episode_num', value '1-2', to type 'int'. And the only available operators for episode number are seem to be for int only: "is, is not, greater, less". Could this be working if there was an operator "begins with" and I used "1-" for that? Or are there some other ways to achieve this without changing the way it works now?

I also only wanted TV notifications to appear when the first episode of a season appears, since getting a notification about every since episode that's added gets a little repetitive... but I too have this 'int' error in my log. I tried setting the variable to be as .. "is" ("01" or "01-02" or "01-03") but I get the same error.

== Cosmo ==

Plex Servers: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz (Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz, 8,226 PassMarks), 16 GB memory

Client Devices: Several Android phones, Chromecast streaming (1st & 2nd gen), Roku Premiere & Express, NVIDIA Shield Pro (2017), and plex.tv.