If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server

Comments

• AgentMaxAgentMax Posts: 385Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 11

Today PlexPy upgraded to Tautulli. Now, everything seems to work. Expect notification to Prowl. Here an example for a "Started playing" notification:

<br />Tautulli NotificationHandler :: Notification thread exception: No JSON object could be decoded
    Traceback (most recent call last): 
        File "/Applications/PlexPy/plexpy/notification_handler.py", line 56, in process_queue 
            add_notifier_each(**params) 
        File "/Applications/PlexPy/plexpy/notification_handler.py", line 112, in add_notifier_each 
            if manual_trigger or notify_custom_conditions(notifier_id=notifier['id'], parameters=parameters): 
        File "/Applications/PlexPy/plexpy/notification_handler.py", line 211, in notify_custom_conditions 
            custom_conditions = json.loads(notifier_config['custom_conditions']) or [] 
        File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads 
            return _default_decoder.decode(s) 
        File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode 
            obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) 
        File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode 
            raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded") 
    ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

This is the config of the notification:

• dennis.ayaladennis.ayala Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

Up until yesterday I was runing PlexPy. After upgrading to v2.0.22 now I have multiple identical entries on the history. For example this line

2018-03-11 wxxxxx 204.X.X.X Roku Roku Ultra Lucifer - Welcome Back, Charlotte Richards (S3· E5)
    09:24 0 mins 10:08 44 mins

is repeated 50 times. This means that all my stats got screwed up too.

Any idea as to why is it happening?

I'm running on Synology NAS.

Regards,

Dennis

• JonnyWong16JonnyWong16 Posts: 1,666Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Intruder71 @dennis.ayala

No logs = No help.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q14

@AgentMax

Try deleting that notification agent and recreating it.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord
    Donate: Patreon | Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

Please read the guidelines before asking for help! Post your logs!

Fixed it. Thanks.

• Kyle VerryKyle Verry Posts: 397Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So is Tautulli official? I see no upgrade available (I'm not in a hurry). Just wondering.

It appears official on the website, but I'd prefer to have it upgrade itself rather than manual install (I'm aGithub install, Mac).

Thanks!

Server: MacMini (Late 2012); 2.3 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, SSD
    Storage: Terramaster; 5 8TB Seagate Drives
    Network: Full Unifi Network (3 switches, 2 AP-HDs, USG), Frontier FiOS 100MB/110MB
    Plex Users: 15 users; United States, El Salvador, Spain
    Devices: Mostly Android (20+ devices) and a few iOS products, 9 Chromecasts, 2 Shields, and some Chrome access

• ChristophorusChristophorus Posts: 182Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Fantastic update to an already excellent plex add on.

• almontefalmontef Posts: 102Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16 I Just updated and all seems fine. Only issue I see is that on the iOS browser I don't see the movie poster in the home screen current activity. I just see the blurred background. Any other browser I do see the poster. Tried deleting safari cache but still no luck. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks.

@almontef said:
    @JonnyWong16 I Just updated and all seems fine. Only issue I see is that on the iOS browser I don't see the movie poster in the home screen current activity. I just see the blurred background. Any other browser I do see the poster. Tried deleting safari cache but still no luck. Any suggestions as to what may be causing this? Thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/83gmnt/the_tautulli_v2_release_is_finally_here_plexpy_is/dvho8tt/

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Issues/issues/2

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord

• spsandersonspsanderson Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having trouble connecting Gmail I get an error in the log that says I need to run connect() first...any ideas

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@rbeatse said:
    So, is ther a way to get my history back if I still have the old folder structure?

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q11
    (Replace 'tautulli.filetype' with 'plexpy.filetype'

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
    edited March 11

@Pyrotech1620 said:
    Any plans on making an iOS app like you are for Android?

Jonnywong didn't make the Android app. See totally separate person.
    https://github.com/wcomartin
    Any my guess based on what I've seen, likely not. From my understanding, it costs MUCH more to enter Apple development space than it does Google/Android.

Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!

$99/year. Not too MUCH.

@AgentMax - Ok. Could have sworn I saw something from a Android dev say something more.

@JonnyWong16 - Have you ever considered adding a template system, say, that could add our own custom tabs to Tautulli using a basic 'fill in this area with Python and spit out html matching Tautulli themes' starting file/template?
    I imagine a \modules directory, where Tautulli would do a for loop adding tabs for each file in it, or some other selection menu.
    I'd like to teach myself enough Python to convert from my PHP code that I use to grab my router bandwidth usage for my server and my global usage. I'm good at figuring out code, but horrible at styling. A template, and a system to somewhat automatically include pages in Tautulli, would be awesome. (version 2.5 perhaps?)
    (Oh, and if any of you dev types know PHP and own a Tomato firmware based router and want the code to be able to list bandwidth usage, PM me)

• quhectic24quhectic24 Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just updated and I am having a weird issue where I am not receiving any notifications. They are not failing since there are no fails in the logs however, I am able to send test notifications to facebook and pushbullet. Anyone experiencing similar issues or have a fix?

• Mini_ServerMini_Server Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This update was outstanding!!! amazing Work guys I cannot believe how much more information and incredible UI changes you made!

did you takeover for plexpy? I will definitely donate for this, it has all the streaming information real time including HW encoding as well expected bandwidth AMAZING!

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE! :)

• TheMeanCanEHdianTheMeanCanEHdian Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same dev as the last several years.

edited March 12

@spsanderson said:
    I am having trouble connecting Gmail I get an error in the log that says I need to run connect() first...any ideas

@quhectic24 said:
    I just updated and I am having a weird issue where I am not receiving any notifications. They are not failing since there are no fails in the logs however, I am able to send test notifications to facebook and pushbullet. Anyone experiencing similar issues or have a fix?

No logs = No help.

@JamminR said:
    @AgentMax - Ok. Could have sworn I saw something from a Android dev say something more.

@JonnyWong16 - Have you ever considered adding a template system, say, that could add our own custom tabs to Tautulli using a basic 'fill in this area with Python and spit out html matching Tautulli themes' starting file/template?
    I imagine a \modules directory, where Tautulli would do a for loop adding tabs for each file in it, or some other selection menu.
    I'd like to teach myself enough Python to convert from my PHP code that I use to grab my router bandwidth usage for my server and my global usage. I'm good at figuring out code, but horrible at styling. A template, and a system to somewhat automatically include pages in Tautulli, would be awesome. (version 2.5 perhaps?)
    (Oh, and if any of you dev types know PHP and own a Tomato firmware based router and want the code to be able to list bandwidth usage, PM me)

Feature requests go on FestHub.

• quhectic24quhectic24 Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16 said:

@spsanderson said:

@quhectic24 said:

No logs = No help.

No errors in the notification logs but here are the Tautulli logs after recently adding a movie...

2018-03-11 23:38:19
    ERROR
    Tautulli NotificationHandler :: Notification thread exception: No JSON object could be decoded
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 56, in process_queue
    add_notifier_each(params)
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 112, in add_notifier_each
    if manual_trigger or notify_custom_conditions(notifier_id=notifier['id'], parameters=parameters):
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 211, in notify_custom_conditions
    File "C:\Python27\lib\json__init__.py", line 338, in loads
    File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    DEBUG
    Tautulli ActivityHandler :: Session 13 resumed.
    2018-03-11 23:37:11
    DEBUG
    Added 1 items to the recently_added database table.
    ERROR
    Tautulli NotificationHandler :: Notification thread exception: No JSON object could be decoded
    add_notifier_each(
    params)
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 211, in notify_custom_conditions
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 467676 added to Plex.
    2018-03-11 23:36:50
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser: Deader' (467676) done processing metadata.
    2018-03-11 23:36:11
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser 7 Deader' (467676) added to recently added queue.

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@spsanderson said:

@quhectic24 said:

No logs = No help.

No errors in the notification logs but here are the Tautulli logs after recently adding a movie...

ERROR
    add_notifier_each(params)
    DEBUG
    Tautulli ActivityHandler :: Session 13 resumed.
    DEBUG
    Added 1 items to the recently_added database table.
    ERROR
    add_notifier_each(
    params)
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 467676 added to Plex.
    2018-03-11 23:36:50
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser: Deader' (467676) done processing metadata.
    2018-03-11 23:36:11
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser 7 Deader' (467676) added to recently added queue.

Try toggling around the custom notification conditions. Maybe add a random condition. Save the notification agent settings, remove the condition, and save again.

If that doesn't work, just delete it and add a new notification agent (or duplicating it might work).