If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server

Comments

• rosskinardrosskinard Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16 said:

Post logs to gist please.

Was late getting back to this and saw you had released the master branch. Converted to that and it's working like a charm now, all functions back to normal.

Just made a $25 donation via PayPal for all your work and support on it. Really dig the 2.0 upgrades and layouts!
    Thanks
    Ross

Plex Media Server:
    * 2010 Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra, 2x 2.4GHz 6-core Xeon, 64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 44TB SAS/SATA storage
    Media Players
    * Apple TV 4 (32GB) w/Plex for tvOS 11
    * iPhone 7 Plus (256GB) w/Plex for iOS 11
    * iPad (32GB) w/Plex for iOS 11 (current gen iPad)
    * Plex Media Player - Late-2016 Retina MacBook Pro, 2.9GHz Quad-core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, macOS High Sierra
    * Plex Media Player - Mid-2011 mini, 2.3GHz Dual-core i5, 8GB RAM, 240GB SATA SSD, macOS High Sierra
    * Plex Media Player - Late-2009 mini, 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 120GB SATA SSD, macOS El Capitan
    * Plex Media Player - Windows 10, 2.53GHz Core2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB SATA

• quhectic24quhectic24 Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16 said:

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@spsanderson said:
    I am having trouble connecting Gmail I get an error in the log that says I need to run connect() first...any ideas

@quhectic24 said:
    I just updated and I am having a weird issue where I am not receiving any notifications. They are not failing since there are no fails in the logs however, I am able to send test notifications to facebook and pushbullet. Anyone experiencing similar issues or have a fix?

No logs = No help.

No errors in the notification logs but here are the Tautulli logs after recently adding a movie...

2018-03-11 23:38:19
    ERROR
    Tautulli NotificationHandler :: Notification thread exception: No JSON object could be decoded
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 56, in process_queue
    add_notifier_each(params)
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 112, in add_notifier_each
    if manual_trigger or notify_custom_conditions(notifier_id=notifier['id'], parameters=parameters):
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 211, in notify_custom_conditions
    custom_conditions = json.loads(notifier_config['custom_conditions']) or []
    File "C:\Python27\lib\json__init__.py", line 338, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
    File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
    File "C:\Python27\lib\json\decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
    ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
    DEBUG
    Tautulli ActivityHandler :: Session 13 resumed.
    2018-03-11 23:37:11
    DEBUG
    Added 1 items to the recently_added database table.
    ERROR
    Tautulli NotificationHandler :: Notification thread exception: No JSON object could be decoded
    add_notifier_each(
    params)
    if manual_trigger or notify_custom_conditions(notifier_id=notifier['id'], parameters=parameters):
    File "C:\PlexPy\plexpy\notification_handler.py", line 211, in notify_custom_conditions
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 467676 added to Plex.
    2018-03-11 23:36:50
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser: Deader' (467676) done processing metadata.
    2018-03-11 23:36:11
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser 7 Deader' (467676) added to recently added queue.

Try toggling around the custom notification conditions. Maybe add a random condition. Save the notification agent settings, remove the condition, and save again.

If that doesn't work, just delete it and add a new notification agent (or duplicating it might work).

Tried all of the above but still the same issue. I do notice that I am getting pushbullet "watched" notifications and the logs say browser notifications are working. Nothing for facebook at all. Was working minutes before I updated from Plexpy...

• JonnyWong16JonnyWong16 Posts: 1,666Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@spsanderson said:
    I am having trouble connecting Gmail I get an error in the log that says I need to run connect() first...any ideas

@quhectic24 said:
    I just updated and I am having a weird issue where I am not receiving any notifications. They are not failing since there are no fails in the logs however, I am able to send test notifications to facebook and pushbullet. Anyone experiencing similar issues or have a fix?

No logs = No help.

No errors in the notification logs but here are the Tautulli logs after recently adding a movie...

ERROR
    DEBUG
    DEBUG
    ERROR
    add_notifier_each(
    params)
    DEBUG
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser: Deader' (467676) done processing metadata.
    DEBUG
    Tautulli TimelineHandler :: Library item 'Hellraiser 7 Deader' (467676) added to recently added queue.

Try toggling around the custom notification conditions. Maybe add a random condition. Save the notification agent settings, remove the condition, and save again.

If that doesn't work, just delete it and add a new notification agent (or duplicating it might work).

Tried all of the above but still the same issue. I do notice that I am getting pushbullet "watched" notifications and the logs say browser notifications are working. Nothing for facebook at all. Was working minutes before I updated from Plexpy...

Did you delete it and add it again?

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord
    Donate: Patreon | Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

Please read the guidelines before asking for help! Post your logs!

@JonnyWong16 said:

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@spsanderson said:

@quhectic24 said:

No logs = No help.

ERROR
    DEBUG
    DEBUG
    ERROR
    add_notifier_each(
    params)
    DEBUG
    DEBUG
    DEBUG

Tried duplicating first then re-added from scratch and deleted the originals..

• ElCapitanoElCapitano Posts: 123Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

Same issue. Added from scratch, but issue still persists

This only happens with "Recently added" . . The rest of the triggers work.

• dennis.ayaladennis.ayala Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

@JonnyWong16 said:
    @Intruder71 @dennis.ayala

No logs = No help.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q14

@AgentMax

Try deleting that notification agent and recreating it.

JonnyWong16:

Since stats were so srewed up, I erased the tautulli.db and restared the application so it creates a new file. It was working fine for some hours but it started to repeat the same lines on some of the entries. For what I can see, it might have something to do when the user's stream is paused for prolonged periods of time.

I uploaded the most recent tautulli.log to my original post and to this one.

Regards,

Dennis

@dennis.ayala said:

@JonnyWong16 said:
    @Intruder71 @dennis.ayala

No logs = No help.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q14

@AgentMax

Try deleting that notification agent and recreating it.

JonnyWong16:

Since stats were so srewed up, I erased the tautulli.db and restared the application so it creates a new file. It was working fine for some hours but it started to repeat the same lines on some of the entries. For what I can see, it might have something to do when the user's stream is paused for prolonged periods of time.

I uploaded the most recent tautulli.log to my original post and to this one.

Regards,

Dennis

Not the correct way to post logs.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#windows-q6

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord

@JonnyWong16 said:

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@quhectic24 said:

@JonnyWong16 said:

@spsanderson said:

@quhectic24 said:

No logs = No help.

ERROR
    DEBUG
    DEBUG
    ERROR
    add_notifier_each(
    params)
    DEBUG
    DEBUG
    DEBUG

After some more toggling of the settings and a complete reboot of the server, I was able to get everything working. Thanks for the very fast responses. This is truly a great tool. Thank you!

• rbeatserbeatse Posts: 308Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JamminR said:

@rbeatse said:
    So, is ther a way to get my history back if I still have the old folder structure?

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q11
    (Replace 'tautulli.filetype' with 'plexpy.filetype'

Thanks. I stopped Tautulli and copied out the tautulli.db file and then moved the plexpy.db file in and renamed it to tautulli.db and the I couldn't get tautulli to restart. After trying a few things, I still couldn't get it. Is there a way to merge the plexpy.db (I have a year or so of history there) with the tautulli.db that I have 30 days or so of history?

• cbondecbonde Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

With Tautulli, has disabling of user notifications gone?
    In PlexPy it was > Users > Edit mode > Toggle notifications (bell icon). I would like to disable notifications for my own viewing.

@cbonde said:
    With Tautulli, has disabling of user notifications gone?
    In PlexPy it was > Users > Edit mode > Toggle notifications (bell icon). I would like to disable notifications for my own viewing.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#notifications-q3

• boblinthewildboblinthewild Posts: 145Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

I created a condition in the new Notification Agent settings: 'Username' does-not-equal [my user name]

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

@JonnyWong16 - Yes. I know where feature requests go, as has been my answer to others in hoping to help here. :tongue:
    I wasn't asking so much that it be added (yet), as to what/if any, thought process had ever been contemplated about it if any.
    If I suggest it as a feature, I feel it could be used as a basis for 2-3 of your top requests. I feel part of the challenge of the top requests are that I think they are slanted towards, or at least, statistics more easily obtainable, on *nix systems out of the box. Where as Windows might require additional libraries. Just thinking aloud here.
    That, and of course, I have my own idea for my first module for it that I'd love to share with the community if I were successful in learning conversion of my PHP code to Python.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 12

@rbeatse said:
    Is there a way to merge the plexpy.db (I have a year or so of history there) with the tautulli.db that I have 30 days or so of history?

Merge? No. Tautulli uses a different table setup.
    I ran PlexPy and Tautulli concurrently, but, Tautulli converted my "copied from old PlexPy folder" plexpy.db and config.ini after I copied them into my newly created tautulli folder when I first started Tautulli beta up some months ago, so, the data from previous years was already there in Tautulli.
    Have you tried leaving the name of your plexpy.db as, literally, plexpy.db?
    Perhaps Tautulli sees that it's "plexpy.db" and goes "oh, i need to convert this".
    I'd ensure backup/move of the 'new/past month' Tautulli.db file first (and that Tautulli was shut down first too)
    You'd lose the past month of Tautulli, but it's worth a shot.
    THEN you might be able to find a way to get old plus new using an SQLite manager or something. I figure merging two of the same/similar, using date as determination of where the entries get input, ignoring duplicates, would be easier than two totally different db.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus

You have multiple instances of Tautulli running. Check your python processes.

• mattwahlmattwahl Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 13

**EDIT: I think this post acted as a rubber duck. I found and enabled Include Rich Metadata Info on the Notification Agent's Configuration tab, retested, and successfully had the preview. **

I've added a Facebook notification for Recently Added and have included the IMDB/TVDB urls, but the Facebook post does not generate the preview. It's posting all of the information as I would expect, and was working on PlexPy prior to upgrade to the latest Tautulli release.

Here is the Body Text from the Notification Logs screen (action = on_created):

Westworld - Trompe L'Oeil - S01E07 was recently added to Plex.
    https://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=296762

Here is the Body Text from the Notification configuration:

{title} <episode> - S{season_num00}E{episode_num00}</episode> was recently added to Plex.
    <movie>{imdb_url}</movie><episode>{thetvdb_url}</episode>

What are the recommendations for movie/season URL previews in Facebook?

Also - this tool is a wonderful addition to Plex. Thank you for all the work you've done.

• tarneckitarnecki Posts: 112Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 13

I used to have great setup for FB notifications with PlexiPy - only movie libraries selected to be used with notifications (we used to be able to select them via libraries) now there seems to be no option? after new update im getting ALL notifications including single TV episode notifications ... (A LOT OF THEM) How can we only select specific libraries for notifications please? Thanks

Also same issue as above (no URL to imdb is being added to FB notifications) it used to work before the upgrade, thanks.

system: Intel Xeon X5670 2.93GHz (2 processors), 32 GB RAM, 21TB WD RED, Windows Server 2012 R2
    network: 350/20
    local clients: Samsung Smart 3D TV (UE46F6320), Samsung Smart 4K TV (UE49KU6400), Raspberry Pi 2 (RasPlex)
    remote clients: iPad Air 2, iPad 2017 9.7, Surface Pro 4, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s

• plex-linuxplex-linux Posts: 276Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 13

@tarnecki

notifications for libraries have been moved to notifications, see below:

(I did not want notifications when someone played a song but i do want them for movies and tv shows, so I put all my music lib in and then in the bottom i "anded" together the three conditions that applied to my music lib.) Not as simple as the old way but much more powerful. this allows me to get notification from my movie and tv lib but not my music lib.

• TheMeanCanEHdianTheMeanCanEHdian Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the record you can have multiple libraries in one condition, you shouldn't need a unique condition per library.