If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server

Comments

• integlikewhoainteglikewhoa Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 14

I'm having a problem with play counts and history. It shows like 4 plays every time a movie is started. This also triggers 4 pushover notifications saying that a movie started playing. How can I fix this? I would also like a buffer like when a movie is completed but for starting a movie. Maybe only say a movie is playing after it has been watched for 1 or 2 min.

• skylinekillrskylinekillr Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Port is 8181, and UAC is not activated....Im using McAfee Enterprise 8.8 and not seeing any issues there either. Any other suggestions? My email works on all my other apps on the PC.

• caspersecasperse Posts: 124Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 14

I really LOVE that I now can have the PLEX server name visible on the Tautulli page, especially when running 3 different servers!
    One future request: Would it be possible to set e-mail notification on new stuff, to be one big email once a week or once a month?
    That would be so awsome

Thanks again for Tautulli its really great, and my docker updatet itself...

edited March 14

I'm editing this update, I have narrowed it down to Access Protection in McAffe Enterprise 8.8. When I go into the Virus Console and disable "Access Protection", it sends. SO I need to figure out what to change in here to make it work

Another update:
    Under Access Protection rules, I went to "Anti-Virus Standard Protection" and for the protection of "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail" I unchecked "block" it works.

I would rather not block it, below are the files it excludes. What can I add in here to make it work and leave it enabled? I tried to add "Tautulli.py" to the below list, but it didn't work.

agent.exe, amgrsrvc.exe, apache.exe, ebs.exe, eudora.exe, explorer.exe, firefox.exe, firesvc.exe, iexplore.exe, inetinfo.exe, mailscan.exe, MAPISP32.exe, mdaemon.exe, modulewrapper*, mozilla.exe, msexcimc.exe, msimn.exe, mskdetct.exe, msksrvr.exe, msn6.exe, msnmsgr.exe, neo20.exe, netscp.exe, nlnotes.exe, nrouter.exe, nsmtp.exe, ntaskldr.exe, opera.exe, outlook.exe, Owstimer.exe, pine.exe, poco.exe, RESRCMON.EXE, rpcserv.exe, rssensor.exe, SPSNotific*, thebat.exe, thunde*.exe, tomcat.exe, tomcat5.exe, tomcat5w.exe, tomcat7.exe, VMIMB.EXE, webproxy.exe, WinMail.exe, winpm-32.exe, worldclient.exe, wspsrv.exe, :::

• JonnyWong16JonnyWong16 Posts: 1,666Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@skylinekillr said:
    I'm editing this update, I have narrowed it down to Access Protection in McAffe Enterprise 8.8. When I go into the Virus Console and disable "Access Protection", it sends. SO I need to figure out what to change in here to make it work

Another update:
    Under Access Protection rules, I went to "Anti-Virus Standard Protection" and for the protection of "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail" I unchecked "block" it works.

I would rather not block it, below are the files it excludes. What can I add in here to make it work and leave it enabled? I tried to add "Tautulli.py" to the below list, but it didn't work.

agent.exe, amgrsrvc.exe, apache.exe, ebs.exe, eudora.exe, explorer.exe, firefox.exe, firesvc.exe, iexplore.exe, inetinfo.exe, mailscan.exe, MAPISP32.exe, mdaemon.exe, modulewrapper*, mozilla.exe, msexcimc.exe, msimn.exe, mskdetct.exe, msksrvr.exe, msn6.exe, msnmsgr.exe, neo20.exe, netscp.exe, nlnotes.exe, nrouter.exe, nsmtp.exe, ntaskldr.exe, opera.exe, outlook.exe, Owstimer.exe, pine.exe, poco.exe, RESRCMON.EXE, rpcserv.exe, rssensor.exe, SPSNotific*, thebat.exe, thunde*.exe, tomcat.exe, tomcat5.exe, tomcat5w.exe, tomcat7.exe, VMIMB.EXE, webproxy.exe, WinMail.exe, winpm-32.exe, worldclient.exe, wspsrv.exe, :::

You want to add python.exe or pythonw.exe depending on which one you are using to run Tautulli.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord
    Donate: Patreon | Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

Please read the guidelines before asking for help! Post your logs!

• cbondecbonde Posts: 89Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Really like the new Tautulli and the addition of Tautulli Remote for Android.

The notification area on my 5.2" Android phone doesn´t give much real estate for the notification texts, and I have to basically guess what´s going on.

The same experience goes for Notify My Android which I have used until now, however in NMA when I click on the notification I enter a log in the app, where I can see more or all of the notification text.

When I press the notification from Tautulli I enter the Activity screen, which I find not too useful.

Feedback 1) Perhaps add a Notification log
    Feedback 2) The Notification icon, an oval white dot, is a bit boring
    Feedback 3) I notice that the Tautulli notifications also appear in NMA
    Feedback 4) Match the Statistics periods in the App with what is chosen in the web version

Look screens enclosed.
    Please don´t ask me to report in Github. I am a simple user.
    Good work.

• marC31marC31 Posts: 68Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 14

re: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1633624/#Comment_1633624 or https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1633639/#Comment_1633639

@JamminR said:
    forums are not the intended bug report area

Apologetic, if unsure how either of these posts would be mistaken for a bug report since both its wordings close with "please assist" …

@JonnyWong16 said:
    but most of the time it is user error

:blush: … hence the requests for support with resolving them plus, of course, appreciation overdue.

cheers,

*17 since 1984
  • SvenBSvenB Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, can someone show me the correct settings under conditions. I only want to receive messages when a movie is transcoded.

Test messages under GMAIL arrive. If I do not select any conditions, emails will also arrive when starting a movie.

But if I select for example "transcode_hw_decoding" IS and 1 nothing happens.

@marC31 said:
    re: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1633624/#Comment_1633624 or https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1633639/#Comment_1633639

@JamminR said:
    forums are not the intended bug report area

Apologetic, if unsure how either of these posts would be mistaken for a bug report since both its wordings close with "please assist" …

@JonnyWong16 said:
    but most of the time it is user error

:blush: … hence the requests for support with resolving them plus, of course, appreciation overdue.

cheers,

Please post logs properly.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q14

I have no idea if OSX notifications actually work. I don't have any Macs so I have never tested it. It might just actually be broken.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord

@SvenB said:
    Hello, can someone show me the correct settings under conditions. I only want to receive messages when a movie is transcoded.

Test messages under GMAIL arrive. If I do not select any conditions, emails will also arrive when starting a movie.

But if I select for example "transcode_hw_decoding" IS and 1 nothing happens.

Trasncode Decision is transcode

• SvenBSvenB Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ah great, big thanks!!!

edited March 14

I added media to my server and I only got an email stating what was in my email text template. How do i get it to actually list in the email what movies or other media i added? I want it to show the name of the movie I added and if possible, an IMDB link and picture too.

• blactuaryblactuary Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having trouble upgrading from Plexpy and running as a daemon on Ubuntu 14. I upgraded from the Plexpy web interface when it prompted me.

Followed these instructions exactly to run as a daemon, including the optional steps:
    https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Install-as-a-daemon#linux-systemd

When I try to start the service I get an error: "424: .: 3: Too many open files"

If I run python Tautulli.py it works but I can't run as a daemon. One thing that wasn't clear to me in those instructions is editing /etc/default/Tautulli. Do I need to change any of the defaults? It's not clear in the instructions or the example file it says to reference. Since the error is too many files open I thought maybe plexpy was still running, so I ran the command to stop plexpy and I get the same "Too many open files" error

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@casperse said:
    One future request

See https://feathub.com/Tautulli/Tautulli

@skylinekillr said:

agent.exe, ... pine.exe, poco.exe, ....

If you ever use Plex unsupported agents or channels, you'll likely want to add PlexScriptingHost.exe (which, is basically python.exe but more custom for plex) while you're at it. Perhaps PlexMediaServer.exe too

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • YamipirogoethYamipirogoeth Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Yamipirogoeth said:
    the app on my phone it keeps telling me it couldn't authenticate with either Tautulli or Plex.

I'm not sure the tautulli release thread is proper support place for Tatuilli Remote.
    @JonnyWong16 - can you confirm? Does William have a support arena, or are you swallowing it here?
    Either way @Yamipirogoeth , have you registered the device in Tautulli settings? If not, go to Tautulli, Settings, Tautulli remote, click the + plus on register device, scan QR code with Tautulli remote and input settings as it shows into mobile app.

Yes, I have scanned the QR code, but all the app does is just has the loading circle on the Activity page and all other pages are blank. so that's where I'm having the issue is getting it registered. It defaults to a local IP range when I generate the QR code and have changed it as well as manually input into the remote my noip.com address that points to Tautulli as well with the same result.

I am trying to get emails sent to me anytime a new media is added to my Plex server. I have read a lot but am not too smart when it comes to Python scripts...or any scripts. I did some researching and this is what I came up with. I currently can receive notifications without anything fancy script stuff under the normal interface options (server offline).. so I know notifications work. Attached is my current script that I am using: Can someone look at it and see where I am going wrong? I couldn't upload the .py file so I uploaded a text file.

My goal is to have an email sent out to my email address along with 4 other people. I would like to include a movie/TV/music poster, IMDB link, and a brief synopsis at a minimum, but a little more info is ok too.

I think I am mainly getting confused with what info I change in the example scripts I grab that people post. What I have done is
    1) added the script directory
    2) selected my script
    3) Select Trigger "recently added"
    4) NOTHING UNDER CONDITIONS TAB
    5) NOTHING UNDER SCRIPT SETTINGS UNDER RECENTLY ADDED
    6) under "test notifications" Selected my script, left blank arguments
    7) Press TEST Script
    8) Message Sent
    9) No email received

UNDER NOTIFICATIONS MENU
    Group Notifications by Season or Album CHECKED
    Group Notifications by TV Show or Artist CHECKED
    Upload Posters to Imgur for Notifications CHECKED
    USERID = skylinekillr
    Lookup TheMovieDB Links CHECKED
    Lookup TVmaze Links CHECKED

Thank you in advance just for reading this long gibberish, and super thank you for your time and effort in assisting me. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info

edited March 15

@Yamipirogoeth said:

@Yamipirogoeth said:
    the app on my phone it keeps telling me it couldn't authenticate with either Tautulli or Plex.

I'm not sure the tautulli release thread is proper support place for Tatuilli Remote.
    @JonnyWong16 - can you confirm? Does William have a support arena, or are you swallowing it here?
    Either way @Yamipirogoeth , have you registered the device in Tautulli settings? If not, go to Tautulli, Settings, Tautulli remote, click the + plus on register device, scan QR code with Tautulli remote and input settings as it shows into mobile app.

Yes, I have scanned the QR code, but all the app does is just has the loading circle on the Activity page and all other pages are blank. so that's where I'm having the issue is getting it registered. It defaults to a local IP range when I generate the QR code and have changed it as well as manually input into the remote my noip.com address that points to Tautulli as well with the same result.

Is the API enabled under Web Interface? Is HTTP Host set to 0.0.0.0 under Web Interface? Can you open Tautulli from the web browser on your phone? Can you access the Tautulli API from the web browser on your phone http://IP_ADDRESS:PORT/api/v2 or http://domain.com/api/v2?

@skylinekillr said:
    I am trying to get emails sent to me anytime a new media is added to my Plex server. I have read a lot but am not too smart when it comes to Python scripts...or any scripts. I did some researching and this is what I came up with. I currently can receive notifications without anything fancy script stuff under the normal interface options (server offline).. so I know notifications work. Attached is my current script that I am using: Can someone look at it and see where I am going wrong? I couldn't upload the .py file so I uploaded a text file.

My goal is to have an email sent out to my email address along with 4 other people. I would like to include a movie/TV/music poster, IMDB link, and a brief synopsis at a minimum, but a little more info is ok too.

I think I am mainly getting confused with what info I change in the example scripts I grab that people post. What I have done is
    1) added the script directory
    2) selected my script
    3) Select Trigger "recently added"
    4) NOTHING UNDER CONDITIONS TAB
    5) NOTHING UNDER SCRIPT SETTINGS UNDER RECENTLY ADDED
    6) under "test notifications" Selected my script, left blank arguments
    7) Press TEST Script
    8) Message Sent
    9) No email received

UNDER NOTIFICATIONS MENU
    Group Notifications by Season or Album CHECKED
    Group Notifications by TV Show or Artist CHECKED
    Upload Posters to Imgur for Notifications CHECKED
    USERID = skylinekillr
    Lookup TheMovieDB Links CHECKED
    Lookup TVmaze Links CHECKED

Thank you in advance just for reading this long gibberish, and super thank you for your time and effort in assisting me. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info

Please post logs properly.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli-Wiki/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#general-q14

edited March 15

My apologies, I wasn't aware the script was counted as a log file. Please see the link below to my log file. Seems like an awful lot. If I could clear the logs and just attempt to send a notification with my script and copy the logfile.

https://gist.github.com/skylinekiller/52f780cf58f7d0182336fc73660163e7

• borochrisborochris Posts: 130Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it works.
    Front page recently added shows nothing for my music library however if I go into the library page (in Tautulli) then it show a number of albums recently added.
    I think this might be because I don't have music included in dashboard on Plex and maybe that is where you are getting front page recently added from.