If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Tautulli - Monitor your Plex Media Server

Comments

• JonnyWong16JonnyWong16 Posts: 1,666Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@skylinekillr said:
    My apologies, I wasn't aware the script was counted as a log file. Please see the link below to my log file. Seems like an awful lot. If I could clear the logs and just attempt to send a notification with my script and copy the logfile.

https://gist.github.com/skylinekiller/52f780cf58f7d0182336fc73660163e7

You haven't provided any script arguments.

Join the #scripts channel on our Discord server for help with scripts.

@borochris said:
    Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it works.
    Front page recently added shows nothing for my music library however if I go into the library page (in Tautulli) then it show a number of albums recently added.
    I think this might be because I don't have music included in dashboard on Plex and maybe that is where you are getting front page recently added from.

Yes, if it's not in your Plex dashboard then it won't show in the Tautulli dashboard.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord
    Donate: Patreon | Paypal - Bitcoin: 3FdfJAyNWU15Sf11U9FTgPHuP1hPz32eEN

Please read the guidelines before asking for help! Post your logs!

• enchainedenchained Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm trying to setup a third-party trigger for notifications using your API method notify_recently_added.
    I created a notifier agent with certain conditions on the Show name, then I make a request:
    api/v2?apikey=<apikey>&cmd=notify_recently_added&notifier_id=<my_notifier_id>&rating_key=<rating_key>
    Notification comes, and the rating key is correct since there is a poster inside notification.
    However, notification comes through no matter what the Show name is, ignoring the Conditions I set up for this specific agent.

@JonnyWong16, Is there a way to make this work? I would really prefer to setup the conditions on the Tautulli side if it were possible.

@enchained said:
    I'm trying to setup a third-party trigger for notifications using your API method notify_recently_added.
    I created a notifier agent with certain conditions on the Show name, then I make a request:
    api/v2?apikey=<apikey>&cmd=notify_recently_added&notifier_id=<my_notifier_id>&rating_key=<rating_key>
    Notification comes, and the rating key is correct since there is a poster inside notification.
    However, notification comes through no matter what the Show name is, ignoring the Conditions I set up for this specific agent.

@JonnyWong16, Is there a way to make this work? I would really prefer to setup the conditions on the Tautulli side if it were possible.

Any type of manual notification will ignore conditions because you made the conscious decision to send that notification. The filtering will have to be done in your script.

Tautulli - Developer | Forums | Reddit | GitHub - Wiki - FAQ | FeatHub | Discord

• rosskinardrosskinard Posts: 48Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JonnyWong16 said:
    I have no idea if OSX notifications actually work. I don't have any Macs so I have never tested it. It might just actually be broken.

My Tautulli runs on my Mac Pro server and I browse the pages on my MacBook Pro.

The macOS Notifications DO work, but they are displayed on the server running Tautulli. They do not appear on the MacBook Pro I'm browsing the pages on since the notification is originating on the server itself.

These notifications are how it shows up on the Mac Pro Server running Tautulli:

I have BROWSER notifications on also, so Safari will give me a local version of the alert like this:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Ross

Plex Media Server:
    * 2010 Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra, 2x 2.4GHz 6-core Xeon, 64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 44TB SAS/SATA storage
    Media Players
    * Apple TV 4 (32GB) w/Plex for tvOS 11
    * iPhone 7 Plus (256GB) w/Plex for iOS 11
    * iPad (32GB) w/Plex for iOS 11 (current gen iPad)
    * Plex Media Player - Late-2016 Retina MacBook Pro, 2.9GHz Quad-core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, macOS High Sierra
    * Plex Media Player - Mid-2011 mini, 2.3GHz Dual-core i5, 8GB RAM, 240GB SATA SSD, macOS High Sierra
    * Plex Media Player - Late-2009 mini, 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 120GB SATA SSD, macOS El Capitan
    * Plex Media Player - Windows 10, 2.53GHz Core2 Duo, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB SATA

@rosskinard said:

@JonnyWong16 said:
    I have no idea if OSX notifications actually work. I don't have any Macs so I have never tested it. It might just actually be broken.

My Tautulli runs on my Mac Pro server and I browse the pages on my MacBook Pro.

The macOS Notifications DO work, but they are displayed on the server running Tautulli. They do not appear on the MacBook Pro I'm browsing the pages on since the notification is originating on the server itself.

These notifications are how it shows up on the Mac Pro Server running Tautulli:

I have BROWSER notifications on also, so Safari will give me a local version of the alert like this:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Ross

Okay, that's exactly how I would expect it to behave.

• bcjenkinsbcjenkins Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Using the Docker version on unRAID and modifying the port does not change the port to the desired port. It stays at 8181.

unRAID 6.5
    Network interface br0
    Desired port 80, but have tried 8080 as a test as well.

The environment variable is set, but doesn't look like it's being used in the launch.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='br0' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'TCP_PORT_8181'='8080' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/Tautulli/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/':'/plex_logs':'ro' 'tautulli/tautulli'

@bcjenkins said:
    Using the Docker version on unRAID and modifying the port does not change the port to the desired port. It stays at 8181.

unRAID 6.5
    Network interface br0

The environment variable is set, but doesn't look like it's being used in the launch.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='br0' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'TCP_PORT_8181'='8080' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/Tautulli/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/':'/plex_logs':'ro' 'tautulli/tautulli'

No idea where you got those environment variables from.

https://hub.docker.com/r/tautulli/tautulli/

@JonnyWong16 said:

@bcjenkins said:

unRAID 6.5
    Network interface br0

No idea where you got those environment variables from.

https://hub.docker.com/r/tautulli/tautulli/

From the unRAID template.

• TheMeanCanEHdianTheMeanCanEHdian Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@bcjenkins said:

unRAID 6.5
    Network interface br0

It looks like you are trying to load the port in as an environment variable when it should be a port.

Ex:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8182:8181/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/tautulli':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/':'/plex_logs':'rw' 'tautulli/tautulli'

Make sure you are pulling the latest version off of unRAID Community Apps or from our template.

This is using the version from your template. You're using net bridge and I am using br0. I switched to bridge and the port command worked. I'll post this issue at lime-tech. Thanks for the response.

• sonnsonn Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 17

I'm not able to get into settings on Notification Agents ...? I click the settings icon but nothing happens...

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 17

@sonn - What are you expecting to happen?
    If using Tautulli, when clicking the Notification Agents, the window section on the right then allows you to add / setup agents.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • TheMeanCanEHdianTheMeanCanEHdian Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@bcjenkins said:
    This is using the version from your template. You're using net bridge and I am using br0. I switched to bridge and the port command worked. I'll post this issue at lime-tech. Thanks for the response.

As seen here "br0 must have an IP address either static or by DHCP". Pretty sure this means port variables don't work in it since it is getting its own unique IP.

@TheMeanCanEHdian said:

@bcjenkins said:

As seen here "br0 must have an IP address either static or by DHCP". Pretty sure this means port variables don't work in it since it is getting its own unique IP.

This is my docker ignorance showing. I am trying to change the listening port of the service to 80 as it does have it's own IP. I was using 8080 as a test as well.

Based on your statement I suppose the br0 interface just exposes the inside port. Is there an environment variable I can create which would tell Tautulli which port to listen on?

Thanks for the replies.

• jstrollo17jstrollo17 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've gotten my notification script setup to email whenever new media is added. I only want to send this on a weekly basis though. I've looked through the entire forum/thread and can't find a solution. How do I schedule a notification to run on a weekly basis?

@jstrollo17 said:
    I've gotten my notification script setup to email whenever new media is added. I only want to send this on a weekly basis though. I've looked through the entire forum/thread and can't find a solution. How do I schedule a notification to run on a weekly basis?

You can't.

Notifications are based on events, not based on time.

• JamminRJamminR Posts: 3,355Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 17

@jstrollo17 - Since you already have Python installed and working for Tautulli, check out PlexEmail - https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/151619/plexemail-email-recently-added-media/p1
    The email isn't anywhere as "pretty" as how sleek Tautulli is, but it gets the job done. (and if you know HTML/python, you could hack the python code a bit)
    I have mine go out mid-day Friday, and it let's those I share with have idea if they want to watch what's been added over the weekend.

I really should go to feathub and see if a weekly scheduled event can be added.

Server - HW: I7-4790K(Haswell), 16GB - SW: Win10 Pro + PMS v1.12.3.4973
    Misc. HW: HDHR Extend + 2TB RAID1(Intel Z87) + 4x4TB RAID5(QNAP TS-653Pro)
    Shares - From: 2  - To: 18(5) - Potential lifetime PlexPass data generating product customer!
    ISP: ~20mbps up/1TB monthly "cap" - (Monthly avg. xfer ~450gb)
    Search the Plex WIKI before asking silly questions.
    Plex stuff I favor - Tautulli - UASv3 - PlexEmail - FMoviesPlus
  • OckingshayOckingshay Posts: 283Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My page looks like this. If I refresh the webpage it shows the rest of the details for a split second. This is on iPad Pro. Running v2 in docker on unraid.

Any ideas?

• adrianwiadrianwi Posts: 264Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Does this only work now if the PMS is logged into a plex.tv account?

SuperMicro X10SL7-F with Intel Xeon E3-1231 and 32GB RAM running FreeNAS 9.10.1-U4 (9x4TB RAID-Z2)

Running jails for emby (3.2.36.0) and various others (ownCloud, openVPN, unbound, VirtualBox, calibre, WordPress)
    No longer running Plex Media Server or using any Plex Clients :(
    http://aw1.co.uk

• ipubipub Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass ✭✭
    edited March 18

2018-03-18 10:42:20 ERROR Tautulli Notifiers :: Error requesting Facebook access token: Can't load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.

Running from localhost with localhost added to the app domains basic settings in faceboook

edit I was able to get a token for my app from this page https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer

Edit 2 still doesn't work and the app domain error is still there despite being populated correctly.