If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Nvidia Shield Tv 6.13.6 - Still no ass and ssa support.

K1ngLearK1ngLear Posts: 443Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

As I afraid there is still no support for direct play ass or ssa subtitle with new app. I tried, since the new version is available for me from today, and as suspected the server starts to transcode. Neither intern subtitle nor extern one will play directly.
Why are you hating subtitle so much?

CAESAR
(to the SOOTHSAYER) The ides of March are come.
SOOTHSAYER
Ay, Caesar, but not gone.

Answers

• yesternowyesternow Posts: 145Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Im quoting the devs here:

In the new beta player, you can direct play ASS subtitles. We only offer basic support though and don't yet support embedded fonts and the other features. If you go into the settings and change the subtitle preference to Burn Image Subtitles Only they should direct play for you!

You will need to switch it back for image based subs.

• K1ngLearK1ngLear Posts: 443Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@yesternow said:
    Im quoting the devs here:

In the new beta player, you can direct play ASS subtitles. We only offer basic support though and don't yet support embedded fonts and the other features. If you go into the settings and change the subtitle preference to Burn Image Subtitles Only they should direct play for you!

You will need to switch it back for image based subs.

Thx for the response. Of course it's not satisfying and very inconvenient. If they have it in beta i am looking forward to test it after a release. Due to the fact that my wife uses the shield very extensive, too, i can't come up with a beta version. Sorry i am not in the extrem sport "clash with your wife". ;)

CAESAR
    SOOTHSAYER
  • yesternowyesternow Posts: 145Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thats not beta, sorry that was a direct quote. If you're using the newest version, all of the above still holds true.

• K1ngLearK1ngLear Posts: 443Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So I will remain at Kodi with PKC.

CAESAR
    SOOTHSAYER