If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Player on Shield - "Your connection to the server is not fast enough to stream this video."

rlp122rlp122 Posts: 9Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since the last Google Play update my Nvidia Shield is refusing to properly stream from my Linux server. The error that comes up is: "Your connection to the server is not fast enough to stream this video. Check your Network." I can't stream more than two seconds without it stopping. Looking at the logs, it says the connection was dropped by the client (Shield) which shouldn't happen.

Nothing has changed on my network to my knowledge. My Linux server is strong enough to transcode practically anything with multiple streams at once. Streaming worked fine until the last Shield patch. Streaming works fine on all other devices and through the web, just the Shield is having issues. I can switch to the Kodi player on the Shield and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Answers

• benignsagebenignsage Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey Rip I am having the same issue. My workaround for the time being (cuz I can't live without my Plex!) is to uninstall the updates for the Plex app on the Shield and disable automatic updates.

I have noticed that this issue seems to be affecting Android devices in general, at least in my situation. If I use the Plex app on an Android device (Shield, Phone) I cannot stream on the local network, across the internet works fine. If I use the Plex web client on an Android phone on the local network, works fine. All other devices (TVs, PCs, etc.) work fine.

I have done a lot of troubleshooting and as you mentioned (and I agree) it is not the server or network.

Wish I could be of more help, but this should hopefully get you Plexin' again until Barkley fixes the Android Plex app.

• raymond.day@gmail.comraymond.day@gmail.com Posts: 5Members

I am using a Intel HDMI stick with "use hardware acceleration when available" checked and on 1080 videos the CPU only goes about 1/4 thought Gigabit Ethernet on my Shield. Go to Transcoder on the left and see if checking on the hardware acceleration works. It did with me before that I did get server to slow.

• ilbossilboss Posts: 55Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem to me too.
    for now I have uninstalled the Plex client updates and use it for now.
    I hope in an update.
    I signed up for beta versions

• mtappertmtappert Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issues here. I have a Plex server running on a Synology NAS as well as a Win 10 PC. Movies will often take 60 seconds to start up, and then will start buffering every few seconds. This issue just started for me.

• ilbossilboss Posts: 55Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

when is a fix?

• rlp122rlp122 Posts: 9Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 21

Still having issues with latest Linux Server and Shield App versions. The error is different now.

You can see where it started to try to play Warehouse 13 - S03E12 - Stand, then it stops with the error; "Failed to stream media, client probably disconnected after xxxxxxx bytes: 104 - Connection reset by peer."

Log files attached.

Hardware Acceleration is not enabled. My Linux server is is headless and does not have a graphics card.

Oh and by the way, now with the latest Linux server update, my CPU utilization is back down where it should be, so it looks like that part is fixed.

• searingxhereticsearingxheretic Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just curious if any of you have an update to this issue. I am still experiencing the Connection is not fast enough issue.

• kentemplinkentemplin Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Second this. Same here.