If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playback stops after Pre-roll

halcyonforeverhalcyonforever Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love that the Roku client has a pre-roll only setting. However after the pre-roll plays it drops to the plex menu. I tried including cinema trailers, and it would play the trailers (any number) then the pre-roll then stop.

I checked that the movie plays fine, and if I choose play without trailers it plays right away.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
(pre-roll is stored in a library with plex content link used for the path)

Answers

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,944Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We will investigate! Thanks for the report.

• ljunkieljunkie Plex Dev Team Posts: 4,944Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited March 8

Is your pre-roll shorter than 10 seconds by chance?

• tycho1974tycho1974 Posts: 252Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This issue affects me sporadically, as well. I have 4 total pre-rolls; two clocking in at 10 seconds, the others at 11 and 18 seconds. I'll do some testing based on the 10-second threshold (I can't remember off the top of my head if the two 10-second clips are the ones that lead to play failures).

• merophosismerophosis Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I too, have this issue. One of my videos also causes a playback error on Chrome, so I turned it off for now. However, my issue is that on some viewer's Roku's, the playback stops after one pre-roll clips, which is about 6 seconds.

• halcyonforeverhalcyonforever Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Got to test this with a FireTV stick, preview, preroll, and feature played without issue.

The pre-roll is 5 seconds long.

I'll turn it back on and test it tonighton the roku.