If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

On Deck added for TV shows

Chris_RobbinsChris_Robbins Posts: 122Members ✭✭

New update to the plex server and now on the Roku , there is ON DECK for TV shows.. how do I removed ON DECK??

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,757Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 9

@Chris_Robbins said:
    New update to the plex server and now on the Roku , there is ON DECK for TV shows.. how do I removed ON DECK??

The only way I know of would be to edit the library and uncheck "Include in dashboard." That should work but it may have undesirable side effects.

Plex in its wisdom does not allow any of the $#%^%$ hubs to be turned off nor do they all the startup to be inside of hub. (ie. where you would be if you clicked "more" on one of the hubs)

Personally "On deck" is the only hub I use and 95% of the time when I enter Plex I arrow over to "On deck" and down to "more" so I can be inside of "On deck" where I want to be. It would be so much easier for me if Plex allowed us to set a startup hub where we would start in the "more" option of the hub we choose or start where we do now. But that would mean user choice and Plex believes we users are too stupid to handle choice and their programmers are too over worked or incompetent to handle maintenance of such complex code.

In other words it ain't gonna happen. It is the Plex way or the highway.

Edit: BTW "On deck" has always been there it just may have, on your system. been way over to the right. Supposedly the hubs appear in the order of frequency of use. (I do not think that works well if it is the way it should happen) It is possible that a new server version reset that somehow. "On deck" has always been the first hub on my system after the useless and redundant "Continue watching."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Isaac Asimov

• REPendragon1REPendragon1 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The "On Deck" has always been an option....An option. If you went into the settings under server, then library you could turn it off by changing "weeks to consider On Deck" to 0.... But that longer works since the latest update..... I just want the recently added tv/movies.... I'd love someone to come up with a solution...

• TurboJailerTurboJailer Posts: 318Members ✭✭✭

I'd love to see the "On Deck" be an option as well. I don't like it.