If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rokus treating connections to local server as remote

IamSpartacusIamSpartacus Posts: 671Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited March 10 in Roku

Ever since migrating my server to a new network, my Roku clients are showing as connecting to my PMS through a relayed connection. But if I connect from a PC on the same network via Plex Web all is fine. Even if I put the IP of my server in as a manual connection it makes no difference. I'm not understanding how this could be as all the devices are on the same network.

Any ideas?

• IamSpartacusIamSpartacus Posts: 671Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This was a DNS rebinding issue. Once I fixed that on my pfSense box the issue was resolved once the Roku's rebooted. I had already had the DNS rebinding issue fixed but this PMS was running in my "offsite" location so I had forgotten about it there.