If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Collections on Roku

s_plex@binarez.coms_plex@binarez.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

The Plex app on my Roku is version 5.1.

First, am I up to date? I think Roku updates automatically when a new version of the app comes out, is that right?

I really like the Collections feature for my movies but I only have that on the web client. When can I expect this feature to land on the Roku app?

Best Answers

Answers

• tycho1974tycho1974 Posts: 250Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not in front of a Roku, so I can't verify, but I'm pretty sure you can see the collections in the same place you can sort your movies by genre. View all your movies, and then select "All Movies", then "Collections".

• tycho1974tycho1974 Posts: 250Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 13

@trouterusa said:
    @tycho1974 I believe what @s_plex@binarez.com is asking is when will the collections behave like the web app and others. In other words, it would be nice to see one thumbnail appear for the collection of movies instead of all the movies scattered throughout the library in all their non-chronological glory. Not to mention it is annoying to sort by collections the way you suggest. Yes, it is possible, but not what we Roku users are wanting.

What you're referring to is a "playlist", not a "collection". A playlist is a collection of movies, episodes, or music that you can sort manually as you see fit, and a collection is basically a user-made genre. I've never had an issue viewing playlists on my Roku. To wit, here's a screenshot of playlists on the web UI:

...and this is the playlist button on the Roku UI:

(Clicking that button leads you to a screen with thumbnails for the playlists, just like in the web UI)

I've never seen a thumbnail for collections in any UI I've used, but maybe I'm wrong and I don't understand OP's question at all.

• EricD1973EricD1973 Posts: 144Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would also like to see the "automatically adjust quality" option added to the Roku client.

• JustinbphysJustinbphys Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agreed I would love to see this feature. My Roku is my main access to view this on my TV and it would be extremely useful to see the collections in-line.
    Is there another device that functions similar to Roku that does support Collections?

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,961Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Justinbphys said:
    Agreed I would love to see this feature. My Roku is my main access to view this on my TV and it would be extremely useful to see the collections in-line.
    Is there another device that functions similar to Roku that does support Collections?

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/302902/update-roku-app-to-support-collections

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."