Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Specify external IP address...

michellesullivanmichellesullivan Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any way to specify the external IP address? The server is getting it wrong, I have a block of IPs and the the router will map any new outgoing requests to the default outgoing IP, however I have an incoming "DMZ rule" (reality a Juniper MIP rule for those that know what it is) that maps the external IP/Port combination for a particular server to an internal IP/Port.

uPNP is not available on Juniper gear because it's considered a security issue so no uPNP suggestions please! :P (am a plex pass member and have considerable networking experience.)

Regards,

Michelle

Best Answer

• michellesullivanmichellesullivan Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

.. and it would appear that it started working overnight with no explanation ..

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 1,375Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

You have a single NIC on your server?

Yes single nic on the server.

I should add it was working ok until 2 days ago then something happened and the server vanished from the network, came up with 'there is an unclaimed server on the network' on the roku, claimed it and I had two of the same servers with the same name.. none of my friends could then access it. Couldn't get it back (web front end just gave a white/blank page)... So I deinstalled/reinstalled the server (had to blow away 'plexdata' to get it to work, but the new server is a newer version... and its since the newer version that it doesn;'t work.. Its detecting the default IP on the gateway as the external IP instead of the MIP IP.

Oh and at the same time, one of the other servers also disappeared (a Mac one) - haven;t worked on getting that back at the moment... so it wasn't isolated as an incident.

Accepted Answer

.. and it would appear that it started working overnight with no explanation ..