If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex won't play media over my cellphone network.

jlsdustjlsdust Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello everyone.
I'm running Plex server version 3.26.2 over Window 10 64bits version 1709 (build 16299.309) with Plex pass.
On Android I'm running Plex android app version 6.14.1.3753.

My issue comes when I tried to play any media using my cellphone network. I can see the green lock with "indirect" designation on my server. I can browse all my media but when I select something to play, I get and error saying to try to restart the app and the server. Not possible if I'm outside my house. I test it being in my house but doing so do not fix the error. If I go under advance and select use "external player" use android player same error. Can only play videos using the "external player" option. Music won't play just shows the Album art with the command bottoms but is unresponsive. Reinstalling the app didn't fix the issue either.

I was able to play all my media with previous versions. Any sugestions on how to fix this or get previous versions of the app??

Best Answers

• jlsdustjlsdust Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi Derple:

Thank you for the reply. I have Plex for 2 years now and the Remote Access have always being in red with "Not available outside your network" message since the beginning. Nevertheless, I had always being able to use the android app with my mobile network, or any other WIFI.

I uninstalled the new version and downloaded the previous one and now I have no problem. It only prompt me to upgrade to a new version but I just skip it. I guess that solve my problem for now.

Again thank you for the help!

Answers

• jlsdustjlsdust Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi Derple:

Thank you for the reply. I have Plex for 2 years now and the Remote Access have always being in red with "Not available outside your network" message since the beginning. Nevertheless, I had always being able to use the android app with my mobile network, or any other WIFI.

I uninstalled the new version and downloaded the previous one and now I have no problem. It only prompt me to upgrade to a new version but I just skip it. I guess that solve my problem for now.

• DerpleDerple Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@jlsdust said:
    Hi Derple:

Generally, if your server is unreachable outside the network, than means you must port forward it. The default port is 32400, but you can manually specify which port to use under Server > Remote Access. Then, goto your router configuration page and look for port forwarding. Once you do that, it should show a green checkmark for Remote Access.