Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alpha: myPlex queue chrome extension

Hi everyone,

If you're as obsessed with screen real state as me, you might find this useful. It's a really simple chrome extension that performs the exact same way as the official bookmarklet of myPlex.
With this extension you'll be able to queue any video with a single click on a button in the main address bar, allowing you to have the bookmarks bar hidden.

It's already posted in the Chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/agmheakklldmclgmkfnncddgkiibboil

I just coded it really quick, and not really thinking of extending it in any way soon. If you think of any great features missing or would like to polish the extension, just let me know and I'll send you the sources etc.

Hope you guys like it!
Guille

Comments

• Benni-chanBenni-chan Posts: 201Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    did you realize, that your uid is hardcoded in the bookmarklet? i believe, i just added something into your queue :)

the idea is great, but an extension would need to be configurable for every user to set their user id...
  • guillelleguillelle Posts: 13Members
    Lol, I uploaded the wrong version :D

That's the point of 45-min releases, have the users to test it :D

I'll be uploading it again in a sec.
    The appropriate version is up and running now.

It doesn't need configuration, the myPlex sidebar looks for the uid itself, if the parameter is missing.

It will only work if there's an active session in myPlex, otherwise it won't do anything.

For a moment I considered not uploading the corrected version... I already had like 20 great videos to see in my queue :D
  • jp12xxjp12xx Posts: 588Members
    woho. works great :) thanks! does anyone know if its possible to move the app icon to the left side of the adress bar?
    Wow, 130 users so far... thank you guys!

Can you think of more features you'd like to see in the extension?
  • bucketachickenbucketachicken Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    guillelle wrote:

Wow, 130 users so far... thank you guys!

Can you think of more features you'd like to see in the extension?

Maybe a direct link to the queue page? -- https://my.plexapp.com/queue

Thanks for writing the extension -- I appreciate it a lot!

Is there any way the button can be set to use a specific myPlex account even if you're not signed in? I don't know if the extension just uses the cookie from myPlex, or something else. I ask because my Chrome extensions are synced to a few computers, and while my personal laptop has a few logins saved, some do not, like my work computer, so the extension wouldn't work there. Regardless, thank you again!
  • SoulSoul Posts: 274Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Works for me. Very useful thanks!
  • David SnyderDavid Snyder Posts: 1,416Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Thanks for this guillelle. For some reason my bookmarklet has stopped working today, and just takes me to my queue. I thought to myself 'I bet someone in the Plex community has made a Chrome extension' and indeed you have =) Cheers!
  • holziholzi Posts: 296Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Nice one.
    What I would like is to open a new tab with my.plexapp.com when I have no active session so I can log in and add the video afterwards.
    holzi wrote:

Nice one.
    What I would like is to open a new tab with my.plexapp.com when I have no active session so I can log in and add the video afterwards.

I was hoping that they'll implement that in the bookmarlet sidebar. That way everything will be under direct control of the developers. If that doesn't happen, I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • JEscHTJEscHT Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    guillelle wrote:

Hi everyone,

If you're as obsessed with screen real state as me, you might find this useful. It's a really simple chrome extension that performs the exact same way as the official bookmarklet of myPlex.
    With this extension you'll be able to queue any video with a single click on a button in the main address bar, allowing you to have the bookmarks bar hidden.

It's already posted in the Chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/agmheakklldmclgmkfnncddgkiibboil

I just coded it really quick, and not really thinking of extending it in any way soon. If you think of any great features missing or would like to polish the extension, just let me know and I'll send you the sources etc.

Hope you guys like it!
    Guille

Great Job! The myPlex icon is gorgeous and this was a perfect way to showcase it. Congrats, love the usability!
  • DarwinDarwin Posts: 15Members
    I've added this ext on my work PC. How would that work?

Thanks
    iMonkey wrote:

I've added this ext on my work PC. How would that work?

Thanks

First of all, you need to go to http://my.plexapp.com and login. After that, in any video page supported by MyPlex, just click on the extension button and the queue add sidebar will be shown.
  • DarwinDarwin Posts: 15Members
    guillelle wrote:

First of all, you need to go to http://my.plexapp.com and login. After that, in any video page supported by MyPlex, just click on the extension button and the queue add sidebar will be shown.

Perfect! thanks :D
  • Options
    sadly the extension no longer works for me in chrome osx beta.
    the bookmarklet does a good job though.
  • 5stringdeath5stringdeath Ninja Posts: 1,398Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    xemino wrote:

sadly the extension no longer works for me in chrome osx beta.
    the bookmarklet does a good job though.

Same here, the extension stopped working but the bookmarklet works fine
  • Options

will you be updating the chrome extension? it has been a year now.

plex crew, you should remove the link on my.plexapp.com.

xemino wrote on March 3 2013, 8:31 PM: »

will you be updating the chrome extension? it has been a year now.

plex crew, you should remove the link on my.plexapp.com.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever update this. My current workload won't allow me to. I'll be glad to share the sources with anyone wanting to add more features.

What I don't understand is why you're asking that it's removed. I mean, AFAIK, it's still working like the first day, and with its only purpose: replace the bookmarklet with a button. Is not working for you?

• proflashrtistproflashrtist Posts: 3Members

question.. I had plex before and it worked.. decent enough...  

I had to re-install my OS and now when I hit the plex button on either chrome or IE.. nothing happens... any ideas?

• neela412neela412 Posts: 1Members

are you sure you're logged into plex account. Cache clearance and all will log you out. Try logging in then add videos...:D