If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Most recent update fixes buffering issues

mcrommertmcrommert Posts: 524Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thought perhaps devs would like to hear positive news. For the most part my xbox one directly plays almost all of my content, excluding audio (why no eac3 support?) and srt to ass. Even with direct play i would see the episode starting screen then a too long buffering screen. Since the most recent update the buffering screen has disappeared the play speed is nearing much closer to a native play speed on kodi or vlc. Thanks for the hard work :)

PMS: Windows 10 1709 - ASROCK H77 - 40tb pool Stablebit Drivepool & 16tb Google Drive Stablebit Clouddrive
Main: Xbox One Plex & Roku 3 - Bedroom: Roku Stick (2017)

Also: Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick (2017), iPad Mini +, Android Moto G4, OnePlus Three, HDHomeRun Connect 2 Tuner for Live TV and DVR

7Db19DZ.png mcrommert

Comments

• beatsntoonsbeatsntoons Posts: 2Members

I disagree. I'm on v2.6.3.70 and it's now WORSE than before :(
    Damnit. I actually installed Emby for the first time ever because I just want this to work. It's been terrible for a while now.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 552Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's worse for me too. I had direct play/stream on and almost froze Plex. Turned direct play/stream off and it started working again, but the previous version was better.

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,669Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We’re still investigating the buffering issues some users are experiencing. We’ve made progress on certain cases but we’re still working on it.

• tonycipps@gmail.comtonycipps@gmail.com Posts: 10Members ✭✭

OMG please moussa the buffering issue is brutal and its so random. I can watch an hour an half with no problems or watch 20min and have it buffer endlessly 3 times and no matter the quality. I did try the ps4 app and that appears like it works ok but didn't try it for too long as xbox is my main system.

• scott659@charter.netscott659@charter.net Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I got the buffer issue too. My server can stream 4k from Netflix, I have wired ethernet - no wifi, and my ISP gives me over 100Mbps. Very frustrating

• RocketDogGTRRocketDogGTR Posts: 22Members ✭✭

I have a White Xbox One S using an ethernet Cat5e cable to a 100mbit switch and I get the "buffering" issue to the point that playing video back has become unusable for me. Last night, I pulled the cable out, and tested WiFi, but it does the same thing. So it would not appear to be related to network connectivity. The Plex app on the Apple TV Gen4 and PS4 Pro both work fine and I haven't seen the issue with those. I only recently began to see the problem with the Xbox One S in the last week or so. I'll just switch to the Apple TV for now as it works well, but would really rather use the Xbox One S as the Plex app UI is just fantastic. Love the new Xbox app!!! Would also love it if it would play back video without hanging on the "buffering" bug.