If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error optimzing media: "There were problems converting 4 items."

aeciolemosaeciolemos Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi guys,

I did search the forums but I didn't really find a solution or even a path to investigate. I have PMS installed v 1.12.1.4885 on a Raspberry Pi. I am thinking of reinstalling the whole server setup to get rid of other software installed there (originally this was a FreePBX RasPBX server) but regardless, I cannot get the optimization to work. Every time I try, I get the "There were problems converting X items." error and it never works.

Does anyone have a clue where I start investigating this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Answers

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 890Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

@aeciolemos said:
    Hi guys,

I cannot get the optimization to work. Every time I try, I get the "There were problems converting X items." error and it never works.

Does anyone have a clue where I start investigating this issue?

Post the logs and tell us which RPi you are using.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/200250417-plex-media-server-log-files/

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon
    My Plex DVR setup: tvheadend, tvhProxy on RPi 2 with Hauppauge WinTV-DualHD; Plex DVR on Shield TV for recordings and Tvheadend Live Channel for live TV