Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

myPlex Safari Extension

Stevenson-PriceStevenson-Price Posts: 209Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
Download now!

I've thrown together a Safari extension for adding items to your myPlex queue - as I prefer having a nice toolbar button to having a bookmarklet.

It adds this little button to your toolbar, that does the exact same thing as the bookmarklet:

button.png

You can download the extension here: http://themacbox.co.uk/myplexqueue/myPlexQueue.safariextz

Let me know if it gives you any problems and I'll look into it. Or, let me know if it works well for you - that's nice to know too! smile.gif

Comments

• elanelan Sheriff of Plexville MauiPosts: 8,853Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Love it!
  • unisonrussunisonruss Plex-Enthusiast Posts: 1,903Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    What an awesome extension! Great job, I love it :D
  • N1klasN1klas Posts: 2Members
    Great! Thanks!
  • jp12xxjp12xx Posts: 588Members
    Awesome sauce! Too bad I just switched to Chrome as my default :(
  • alexisalexis Posts: 56Plex Pass
    Nice job! You could probably use the same icon used for PMS in the toolbar to get rid of that odd little white bit at the top of the arrow. I haven;t actually tested it but I'll attach it so you can see for yourself. Thanks for the extension! [attachment=8281:toolbarIcon.png]
  • Stevenson-PriceStevenson-Price Posts: 209Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    Thanks everyone, glad you like it! :)

tassitassi wrote:

Awesome sauce! Too bad I just switched to Chrome as my default :(

guillelle posted a Chrome extension here: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/31431-alpha-myplex-queue-chrome-extension/ - I haven't tried it, but sounds like it would be right up your street!

alexis wrote:

Nice job! You could probably use the same icon used for PMS in the toolbar to get rid of that odd little white bit at the top of the arrow. I haven;t actually tested it but I'll attach it so you can see for yourself. Thanks for the extension! [attachment=8281:toolbarIcon.png]

Hey, thanks for the great suggestion - I struggled to find a clean icon to work from, don't know why I didn't think of using this one. I had to clean it up a little, the trail just looked dirty with Safari's processing of the image - but I've posted an updated version where the button looks much cleaner. :)
  • jp12xxjp12xx Posts: 588Members
    Alex P wrote:

guillelle posted a Chrome extension here: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/31431-alpha-myplex-queue-chrome-extension/ - I haven't tried it, but sounds like it would be right up your street!

thanks! totally missed that one :)
  • pooploserpooploser Plex Ninja Posts: 958Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    gorgeous, thanks! is there one for FF?
  • AnEightiesGuyAnEightiesGuy Posts: 242Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • xain09xain09 Posts: 105Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Many thanx! Nice and clean!
  • ppson@me.comppson@me.com Posts: 239Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Nice one! Too bad I still need the bookmarklet for use on my iOS devices. And since I sync them with iCloud this means I have it on my Macs as well. Hopefully Apple brings Safari extensions to iOS soon as well.
  • henrikhenrik Posts: 198Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    wow! very very cool! Thanks.
    Will this extension auto-update?
  • Stevenson-PriceStevenson-Price Posts: 209Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    ppson wrote:

Will this extension auto-update?

Should do, I've set it up and tested it once on my end and it seems to be working. First time I've published an extension so I won't promise anything but I'm pretty sure it will!
    Speaking of updates, I've just posted an update that will now automatically grab the user ID in the background if you're logged in when the extension is installed - so most people won't have the bit where it grabs the user id.
  • radarradar Posts: 503Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Seems working perfectly. Thanks.
    Will this eventually be available from the Apple extensions download page?
  • mizzi87mizzi87 Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    nice one
  • madburgmadburg Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Hoping this was going to work on my ipad Gen1.

Could someone please explain the exact steps I need to take to get it working (anyway) via safari on an ipad, please.
  • HUSNGHUSNG Posts: 6Members
    would love to see a similar extension for Opera.

keep up the good work guys!