If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex VR for Gear VR quits unexpectedly

megamanzteammegamanzteam Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If I look anywhere outside of the main menu the app freezes then quits. Also if you reset the view and face a different angle then when you were last on, it won't start all the way because the location of the menu is not in the center. Please let me know what is need to help fix this issue.

Tagged:

Answers

• ManuelPGManuelPG Plex Dev Team Posts: 385Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Can you share app logs after the crash please? Instructions inside the app settings (just click on the "Support" button).

Also, does the crash happen if you switch to the Void environment and look around in there?

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry you're having issues with the app.

• megamanzteammegamanzteam Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have attached the server logs, not sure how to get the gear vr data if you need it. Just to warn you verbose logging was on, but I did turn it off and recreated the steps to reproduce the issue. As of writing this post it will now crash just short of the plex logo going away and start rendering the background. I haven't been able to far enough on it to see options for changing the background. Oh Also using galaxy s8.

• megamanzteammegamanzteam Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 15

Update: re-installed, re-linked, went to settings right away clicked on void, then crashed and back to where I was before.

I had to re-install my server recently, made sure verbose logging was disabled and uploaded the latest logs to help you out.