If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Roku App, HDHomerun Extend, Encoding and Direct Play

SJMayeSJMaye Posts: 60Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am setting up a new Plex server primarily for the Live TV and DVR functions. I have seen many posts about long load times for Roku. The best answer I have seen is encode for Direct Play.

Below is a pic of the file created by my HDHR Extend. This file took a full 10 seconds to load on my Roku. Does this information tell me why Plex may be transcoding the file?

Does anyone here know if the Extend's transcode profile can be configured to output a file that can direct play on the Roku app or is this a question I should be asking HDHR?

Another question- This file shows resolution at 1080P, but when this shows the same file as 1080i