If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Installed plugins won't show

SystemSystem Posts: 308 Plex Employee
This discussion was created from comments split from: Manually installed plugins won't show.

Comments

• jzsmart3jzsmart3 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just a brief addendum to point out, after changing/dbl checking all the permissions, I had to LOG OUT and log back in (for Linux Mint) in order for the manually added Plug-ins to show up in Plex. Just restarting the Plex Media Server service from command line is NOT enough.

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 10,640Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited April 15

Thanks for that, but you do realise this thread is more than 3 years old, right? And that this is the Synology NAS forum?

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
  • jzsmart3jzsmart3 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah I know this is old thread but - as often happens however - Google brings it [some old thread] up as top result, in this case on “Plex Linux plugins not showing.”
    Anyway, I’m actually back to point out that the actual problem of missing plugins, at least in 2018 under Debian-flavored Linux, wasn’t a permission issue at all but that plug-ins are NOT stored in
    /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins - that empty folder is total headfake
    INSTEAD, the plug-ins are in the User’s Home folder:
    /home/username/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
    Maybe that is doc’d somewhere but I couldn’t find it (after couple hours Googling for answers - existing docs/comments pointing to 1st headfake location) found it instead by manually searching my drive. So perhaps some future Googler landing here will find this helpful.

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 10,640Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Not in the Synology NAS Forum they wont.

Don't rely on Google's first return, instead, try looking around and reading where you are and when things were posted. You will find that your information can be placed into the correct locations instead of the incorrect location that way. You will also find the information is more accurate and relevant that way.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks