If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Bug] Unwatched Status Android 6.16.0

Dion250Dion250 Posts: 210Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

With Plex for Android 6.16.0. The mobile layout is showing videos as Unwatched on certain places when they are watched. Continue watching & TV seasons for example.

TV layout isnt affected only mobile is.

Comments

• s3cretzs3cretz Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same. A show will display 'x' number of unwatched episodes, when there may not even be that number of episodes that exist on the server for a given show. Drill into the show 'folder' in the app, then back out and the unwatched number disappears. Shut down the app, open it back up and the problem is back again.

For some reason, the unwatched count seems to be a recurring problem when Plex gets patched.

• jens.bergqvistjens.bergqvist Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Similar issues with unwatched overlays here after latest update. The app displays the orange corner triangle on posters in weird places. I even have one show with two unwatched episodes where the show/season posters are overlayed with BOTH a 2 in an orange square AND the orange triangle. It's like the app uses "poster with overlay" instead of "actual poster" as base and then applies the correct overlay on top of that.

App: 6.16.0.4271
    Server: 1.12.3.4973 (Ubuntu)
    Devices: Pixel XL (OS: 8.1.0), Lenovo Tab 4 plus (OS: 7.7.1)

• electronicpunkelectronicpunk Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also seeing this happening on my Android devices (2 phones and a TV), they show as correctly watched on the server itself.
    (where also showing correctly on 6.15)

• azjaffoazjaffo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing the same issue - just noticed it last night. Several TV series that I had finished watching all of the sudden had unwatched episodes - in many cases, more episodes than even exist for the series in question. This was on the Plex app on my Nexus 6p - using the web interface seems to report correctly.

• BugsimusBugsimus Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Getting annoyed :(

Issue still present in 6.16.1.

• Dion250Dion250 Posts: 210Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yup seeing issue still..

Still there in 6.17 too

Seems partially solved in latest beta (6.17.0.4579). I no longer see incorrect/duplicated unwatched overlays when browsing TV libraries. I still see it in the Recently added section on the Home and TV Shows/Discover screens.

@jens.bergqvist said:
    Seems partially solved in latest beta (6.17.0.4579). I no longer see incorrect/duplicated unwatched overlays when browsing TV libraries. I still see it in the Recently added section on the Home and TV Shows/Discover screens.

Assuming that beta is a server version? Just curious as all of my clients are seeing the issue (phones, chromecasts, nvidia shield, LG TV app, etc.) so was thinking this was a server-side issue vs client side.

edited May 2

@s3cretz said:
    Assuming that beta is a server version? Just curious as all of my clients are seeing the issue (phones, chromecasts, nvidia shield, LG TV app, etc.) so was thinking this was a server-side issue vs client side.

I actually meant the latest Android app beta. I used to see a lot of extra unwatched overlays (the corner triangles) on top of the artwork throughout the app. Now I only have this problem in the Recently added lists in some sections of the app. The unwatched count (the number shown in square overlays) is still acting weird but this seems limited to the same sections/lists as well.

Update: I was wrong about the unwatched count problem being limited to those sections. I discovered some wrong numbers in the Browse view as well.

• PravilicPravilic Posts: 7Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I seems that the issues begin with 6.14.1. Personally I went to using 6.14.0

• ChaoticUnrealChaoticUnreal Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm still seeing this issue and I believe I have the newest version from the play store. Not sure how to go about joining the android beta.

Still there are 6.17 so far... !!

• PravilicPravilic Posts: 7Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's still broken in 6.17, although they did fix the scroll performance it seems

edited May 8

Just upgraded to 6.18.0.4847 (and cleared data just to be sure I start from scratch). If I go to the Browse view in my TV section the unread count on shows keep changing (apparently at random) as I scroll up and down. It's actually kind of fun. I really wish I had 26, 28 or even 1 unwatched episodes of Fawlty Towers to look forward to.

• coreygatorcoreygator Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having same issue with 6.17. Really annoying. Randomly changing number of unwatched episodes too.

• ffhjansenffhjansen Posts: 207Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having same issue in V6.17.0.4824.
    Please fix!

C'mon guys, no fix for this yet? This is going on two versions now.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,434Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee