If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex live tv playback

I have installed plex media server on my raspberry pi 3 b when I play live tv on my fire tv plex client it give me message that the server is not powerful enough to handle it but when I run same live tv on my iPad Pro plex client it runs smooth any explanation or suggestion about this?

Answers

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 977Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

It's related to video transcoding. Your FireTV client asks your Plex server on the pi 3 to transcode the video. Your iPad Pro is able to play the content without video conversion. The pi 3 has not the required computational power to do the transcoding. Try to tweak the Plex player settings on your FireTV or try Kodi with the Plex plugin.

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon

• kovacs02kovacs02 Posts: 2Members

Thank you for your answer I will try your recommendations.