If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[REQ]Ideas...TNT, TBS, FX, USA Network, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Syfy Network, Bravo, and others

jcilley97jcilley97 Posts: 23Members ✭✭
edited April 22 in Plex Channel Plugins

This is is going to be quite a long request list. Now I would like to set a disclaimer here that these are more of ideas than requests. the reason why I am bringing attention to these channels is because there are a bunch of outdated broken sources on github from around 2011-2014 and as you probably know, websites change their parsing codes within that much time. and I would like a developer to make new versions of a lot of these plugins. And I also have some new ideas for plugins that anybody could take. So here are the Requests (or ideas as I call them because that is what they are) :wink:

1. TNT
  2. TBS
  3. FXNow
  4. USA Network
  5. Cartoon Network
  6. Disney Jr.
  7. Adult Swim
  8. Syfy Network
  9. Bravo
  10. AMC
  11. E!
  12. VH1
  13. Discovery Channel US
  14. Animal Planet
  15. TLC
  16. PlayOn Media Server Interface
  17. Netflix
  18. Hulu
  19. ESPN3
  20. Youtube
  21. SoundCloud
  22. Amazon Prime Video
  23. Vudu
  24. Yahoo View
  25. HBO Now
  26. HBO Go
  27. MaxGo
  28. DirecTV Now
  29. TruTV
  30. Veoh

Now I know Discovery Channel has been talked about on https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/4711/discovery-channel-and-history-channel/p7/ However, they are suggesting that because you have to sign in with a TV provider, a lot of the episodes on TLC or Discovery don't show up. And i think that is where a lot of these plugins broke. Is there anyway to code the TV provider into a setting into python's scripting language so you can set a TV provider via a settings icon? right next to the red x icon where you can remove a plugin to kind of get around the TV provider garbage? is that possible? If not, you can just lock this thread because all of these channels require a TV provider. I know Netflix or Hulu and things like that might be possible if you add sign in information kind of like they did with pandora and spotify. but that is just a solid maybe. I also know that a lot of these channels if they do end up getting made (which tbh is going to take a lot of developers) more than likely most of these plugins if not all of them are probably going to end up on the UAS. That's all for now. :smile:

Best Answer

Answers